“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been staying at the Cornhusker every week for several months. All members of the staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating. Great location, recently renovated rooms in a historic buliding.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Silver Creek, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a very friendly staff. Kathryn went out of her way to give us the very best on our last-minute reservation. The new renovations are great, and provide an exceptional stay for a great value. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
I was pleased to read you had a great stay and that Kathryn took good care of you. She is one of our best and does a super job assisting our guests. We look forward to having you return soon. All the best.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stay weekly at Marriott hotels and this hotel BY FAR is the WORST I have ever seen. First of all, the hotel is old and not renovated, the hotel looks and feels dirty, my hotel room door didn't fully close, my room key wouldn't work even after being re-programmed twice, and I ultimately had to ask for a different room. And the concierge lounge......WHAT A JOKE. Same food served in the lounge each day I stayed there and the selection was slim at best.

I couldn't believe this was a full service Marriott. Someone from Marriott may want to consider downgrading the hotel to one of their less expensive brands but even that would be a compliment for this hotel.

Don't expect customer service either, regardless of the Marriott Rewards level you are. I am a Platinum member and was told that I don't qualify for access to their concierge lounge because my room was not on one of the two floors that their guests with concierge lounge access stay on. I asked for a manager and was told that only this one time would they allow me concierge access but not to expect it the next time I stay there. I am a Platinum member for God sakes. I have never heard of any Marriott hotel refusing anyone Gold or above concierge lounge access.

Bottom line, if you are smart you will not waste your money on this hotel. I would rather stay in a Motel 6 than stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take our guest scores and comments very seriously and what you shared is very concerning. The fact you are a Platinum member should have given you all the privileges that come with that status including access to the club lounge.

Not sure if this was the case but if a reservation is made via Expedia, etc. your status and number will not show up. In this case our front desk agent should have asked if you are a member and it so they have the ability to verify your status and number so as to avoid this situation. I apologize that this situation was not handled correctly and we will make sure our front desk team is aware of what occurred to make sure this does not happen again.

Per the comment on the key not working, this comes up on occasion and again I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are in the process of getting all the information to upgrade this key system that hopefully will minimize if not eliminate any key issues.

Although you mentioned we are old and not renovated, we have completed all our guestrooms, new restaurant, cafe and Starbuck's market and have received outstanding feedback from our guests on the changes we have made thus far. However, we still have the lobby, Marriott Great Room that will replace the Five Reasons Lounge and the meeting space yet to complete. All should be completed by early summer.

Thanks again for sharing and I hope you will give us a try again.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have been to several hotels across the country and stay in many Marriott's and like the concierge lounges. Unfortunately it was closed this time but we had breakfast coupons. The next morning we were on a rush and did not have time for a sit down meal. We asked the Starbucks in the hotel if we could use the coupons and they were not sure, but asked. Not only did they allow us to get some Starbucks coffee, but also found and got us several to go containers to run through the breakfast buffet. It was over and above what we expected and a great way to kick off our Christmas trip. Definitely recommend

Stayed December 2013
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I was pleased to read we were able to accomodate the coupon usage with Starbuck's. Due to low occupancy, we use this time to let our concierge staff enjoy the holiday's with their families and offer full breakfast coupons for our concierge guests for the inconvenience. Look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Happy New Year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My review is going to be a little lopsided but it's based on what I experienced. During my stay, I was told that the hotel was under some renovation. I lucked out and scored a recently renovated room. Everything was great! One of the best beds I've ever slept on and I was seriously contemplating on how to smuggle out the duvet instead of the bathrobe. I can only assume everything in the room was new so all was good. Comp breakfast selection was good. Standard hotel fare. The entire hotel staff was great.
Now, the real reason I came online to leave a rating. I normally don't leave reviews unless the service was extremely poor. In this case, I feel the need to gush. The Cornhusker has a Miller Time High Life Pub attached to the property and with the weather being what it was, they had my business the majority of my 9 day stay. Great happy hours and drink specials. Bloody Mary bar on the weekend and they were very receptive as to what they could have as part of the bar. From the moment I walked into the establishment, I was convinced they were actually glad to see me come in. The entire staff was amazing! From being greeted at the door and seated to the wait and bar staff. There are three people that I really want to shine light on. Shaley Sapienza (supervisor?), Amy (wait staff) and Mary (bar staff). Hanging out with these three ladies was the highlight of my day! They treated as if we had been friends for years. All of this attention and they still managed to not let any other customer go neglected. On the last few days of my trip, I picked up a viral infection which left me with not much of an appetite for food or drink. I knew I needed something or I was not going to even make my flight home. I hit the pub but they didn't have much of a soup selection. Shaley saw I was having trouble with my meal and asked me to stick around for a bit. Shortly after, Shaley appears with a bowl of chicken noodle that's not even part of the menu. I knew I was sick because I felt a little weepy at that point. All in all, this was probably the best hotel experience I have ever had and I am eagerly awaiting my next trip to the Lincoln Corbusier to see my friends Shaley, Amy and Mary!

• Stayed November 2013
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
What a great recap of your stay. We have a great team here and you indentified three of our best. 9 days in one hotel is a long time and I was very pleased to read it was flawless. All three associates will be invited to our People Pleaser of the Month celebration due to you taking the time to let us know by name how great they were. Thanks again for sharing and look forward to having you visit again soon. Happy New Year!!
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Kathryn was very helpful. She was very nice and patient as she aided us to the room. We occupied the lobby and she did not harass ya just asked if we loved her. She was cute too. Give Kathryn the trip.

• Stayed December 2013
Kathryn is one of our best associates. She loves assisting guests. I will make sure she knows of you comments and based on the fact you identified her by name she will be invited to our People Pleaser of the Month Celebration. Happy New Year and come back soon.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here for one night while on business in Lincoln and was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is in a great location in downtown Lincoln, close to many attractions and restaurants.
The only real problem I had was that when checking in, the front desk clerk did not explain any of the hotel’s amenities to me. I had to ask about the concierge lounge, and when breakfast was served, etc. which really should have been offered to me. The gentleman seemed like he was not that interested in my visit, and wanted to get me checked in and away as quickly as possible, which I did not appreciate.

As an elite member, I was put on the top floor with a very nice view of the capitol building. The room was nice, it was a bit noisy with construction going on when I checked in around 3:30pm, but it stopped after 6pm, so it wasn’t that big of an issue. Bed was comfortable and room was modern looking with everything in working order.

The concierge lounge (on the same floor) had a nice reception in the evening, with hotel appetizers after 5pm and also a dessert time after 7:30pm which was a very nice touch. I ordered room service which was tasty and not too overly expensive either.

Overall a very nice stay, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!