“Very good experience” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8701 Amber Hill Court, Lincoln, NE 68526   |
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The main reason I'm writing this review is because some of the other reviews weren't so complimentary and I had a very good experience. It was very clean, no bugs, bed was comfortable and staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. We had a whirlpool king suite as it was our anniversary and were very pleased with the price for what we got. This isn't the Ritz by any means, but It isn't Ritz pricing. I will definitely stay there again. Also, there is an amazing Italian restaurants Florios across the street from the hotel... A definite mist visit.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Blue Grass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff at this AmericInn was friendly and very accommodating. My wife and I stayed here when we came up to visit family and had a wonderful time. The entire property was very clean, and the pool facilities were excellent. We would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting the Lincoln area.

Room Tip: This property looked new and believe any room would offer an excellent stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aurora, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the AmericInn a couple weeks ago with family. Very impressed! Beautiful curb appeal! You can tell this hotel is well cared for from the minute you drive up. We loved the planter! Entire staff was pleasant, friendly and very helpful. Breakfast area was immaculate and kept up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very typical for an AmericInn stay! It was great! Liked the room color and furniture. My son enjoyed the breakfast. We got in late, so didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with wife and children. We stayed for three nights and thought the facilty and people were excellent. The rooms were extremely clean, the free breakfast was great. The pool, jacauzzi and surrounding area was great as well. The beds were comfortable and we loved having the microwave and fridge in the room. The young man at the front desk was very friendly and went out of his way to make us feel welcome during our entire stay. It was a great value when compared to other hotels in the area, we will stay here again on our next trip to Lincoln.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We entered our room to a beeping smoke alarm. I called the front desk to have the battery replaced. They said they will contact the maintenance worker and I asked if it would be fixed by night. They said they hoped. This was our first concern as it would be impossible to sleep through a beeping smoke alarm. The maintenance worker came a few hours later with a new battery and he looked very unprofessional, dirty and smelled horrible. After sleeping the one night in the hotel, we woke up to dozens of black, leggy bugs on the bathroom floor and many roaming around the carpet of the bedroom. We immediately told the front desk who said they know they have bugs and they can't be killed and therefore they no longer give discounts. That's an unacceptable way to run a business as guests should expect and deserve a clean, bug free room. I again brought the issue up when I checked out of the hotel. The front desk worker said the manager would call me on Monday (also note a lady before me was reporting her non smoking room smelled like smoke to which the front desk worked replied we will spray it down with Febreeze when you leave). On Thursday, I called the manager as I never received a call. When the manager got on the phone, I said I was expecting a call from the manager and he said, "oh the guest with the double billing on their credit card." (further evidence of multiple complaints). I said no and explained the bug situation and he quickly offered a $30 refund as it happens all the time. I would never stay at this hotel again nor any other AmericInn hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Morris, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I really don't like writing negative reviews, but I feel that potential guests should be warned about this hotel. I booked a 2 bedroom suite only to find out on arrival that what the Americinn hotel management calls a 2 bedroom is in fact a 1 bedroom suite with pull out couch. The pull out had a very thin mattress so my daughter ended up sleeping on top of the sofa that had a saggy cushion. The mattress on the only bed was very soft and uncomfortable. The breakfast was pretty standard, nothing special. The dining area is very small and crowded. The one positive things I can say is that the room and bathroom were clean and the price was reasonable. I won't stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMAmericInnSouth, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lincoln South, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for the bad experience you've endured during your stay with us. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our management team.

The 2 room suites offered have a living room with a pull-out queen sofa sleep, with a bedroom separated by french doors, with a kind size bed - a perfect fit for a family with younger kids that want some separation. We take full for responsibility for the confusion and expectation that resulted in an unsatisfactory stay due to the bed, and are working to correct the issues to ensure the proper amenities and expectations are set for future guests.

Please feel free to call me at 402-420-0027 if you have an opportunity to discuss your visit; we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest again. I appreciate your candid feedback, and hope to hear from you.

Our Sincere Apologies,

Guest Relations
AmericInn Lodge & Suites, Lincoln South

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lincoln South? Share your experiences!