We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We entered our room to a beeping smoke alarm. I called the front desk to have the battery replaced. They said they will contact the maintenance worker and I asked if it would be fixed by night. They said they hoped. This was our first concern as it would be impossible to sleep through a beeping smoke alarm. The maintenance worker came a few hours later with a new battery and he looked very unprofessional, dirty and smelled horrible. After sleeping the one night in the hotel, we woke up to dozens of black, leggy bugs on the bathroom floor and many roaming around the carpet of the bedroom. We immediately told the front desk who said they know they have bugs and they can't be killed and therefore they no longer give discounts. That's an unacceptable way to run a business as guests should expect and deserve a clean, bug free room. I again brought the issue up when I checked out of the hotel. The front desk worker said the manager would call me on Monday (also note a lady before me was reporting her non smoking room smelled like smoke to which the front desk worked replied we will spray it down with Febreeze when you leave). On Thursday, I called the manager as I never received a call. When the manager got on the phone, I said I was expecting a call from the manager and he said, "oh the guest with the double billing on their credit card." (further evidence of multiple complaints). I said no and explained the bug situation and he quickly offered a $30 refund as it happens all the time. I would never stay at this hotel again nor any other AmericInn hotels.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.