“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Lincoln
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very typical for an AmericInn stay! It was great! Liked the room color and furniture. My son enjoyed the breakfast. We got in late, so didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with wife and children. We stayed for three nights and thought the facilty and people were excellent. The rooms were extremely clean, the free breakfast was great. The pool, jacauzzi and surrounding area was great as well. The beds were comfortable and we loved having the microwave and fridge in the room. The young man at the front desk was very friendly and went out of his way to make us feel welcome during our entire stay. It was a great value when compared to other hotels in the area, we will stay here again on our next trip to Lincoln.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We entered our room to a beeping smoke alarm. I called the front desk to have the battery replaced. They said they will contact the maintenance worker and I asked if it would be fixed by night. They said they hoped. This was our first concern as it would be impossible to sleep through a beeping smoke alarm. The maintenance worker came a few hours later with a new battery and he looked very unprofessional, dirty and smelled horrible. After sleeping the one night in the hotel, we woke up to dozens of black, leggy bugs on the bathroom floor and many roaming around the carpet of the bedroom. We immediately told the front desk who said they know they have bugs and they can't be killed and therefore they no longer give discounts. That's an unacceptable way to run a business as guests should expect and deserve a clean, bug free room. I again brought the issue up when I checked out of the hotel. The front desk worker said the manager would call me on Monday (also note a lady before me was reporting her non smoking room smelled like smoke to which the front desk worked replied we will spray it down with Febreeze when you leave). On Thursday, I called the manager as I never received a call. When the manager got on the phone, I said I was expecting a call from the manager and he said, "oh the guest with the double billing on their credit card." (further evidence of multiple complaints). I said no and explained the bug situation and he quickly offered a $30 refund as it happens all the time. I would never stay at this hotel again nor any other AmericInn hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Morris, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I really don't like writing negative reviews, but I feel that potential guests should be warned about this hotel. I booked a 2 bedroom suite only to find out on arrival that what the Americinn hotel management calls a 2 bedroom is in fact a 1 bedroom suite with pull out couch. The pull out had a very thin mattress so my daughter ended up sleeping on top of the sofa that had a saggy cushion. The mattress on the only bed was very soft and uncomfortable. The breakfast was pretty standard, nothing special. The dining area is very small and crowded. The one positive things I can say is that the room and bathroom were clean and the price was reasonable. I won't stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMAmericInnSouth, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lincoln South, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for the bad experience you've endured during your stay with us. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our management team.

The 2 room suites offered have a living room with a pull-out queen sofa sleep, with a bedroom separated by french doors, with a kind size bed - a perfect fit for a family with younger kids that want some separation. We take full for responsibility for the confusion and expectation that resulted in an unsatisfactory stay due to the bed, and are working to correct the issues to ensure the proper amenities and expectations are set for future guests.

Please feel free to call me at 402-420-0027 if you have an opportunity to discuss your visit; we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest again. I appreciate your candid feedback, and hope to hear from you.

Our Sincere Apologies,

Guest Relations
AmericInn Lodge & Suites, Lincoln South
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed recently at this hotel on a trip across country. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The breakfast bar was nice and is open until 10:00 am where other hotels tend to stop breakfast earlier in the morning. My family would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

clean. beds n pillows great. had mini fridge n microwave in 2 queen room. staff very nice and helpful. breakfast bar nice selection, clean n neat. 24 hr coffee & tea. beautiful fireplace and computer/printer with internet access in lobby. good price for the good quality. didnt use pool area but looked well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed recently with our family at this south Lincoln hotel. The hotel is convenient to Hwy 2, and South Lincoln shopping. Overall the hotel provided a good experience and was what we expected.

Checkin at the motel was expedient but not particularly friendly. The room we had was on the 2nd floor it was very clean and about average size. We had two queen beds both of which comfortable if not exceptional.

The the microwave and the mini-fridge in the room was very convenient. The pool area was clean and bigger than some hotels. Breakfast in the morning was good: eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc. all well done. There is also a good restaurant across the parking lot (Grainfields) for good food morning or night.

The toilet in the room had the flush handle not working properly, so you had to push it back up to get the water to stop running. The heater kept having to kick noisily on and off every 15 minutes all night to maintain the 68 degree temp we set it at. The only other problem we had was some very noisy neighbors. The walls are not thick and although my children slept fine the racket kept me up off and on all night.

This was a fine place to stay, we may try the Holiday Inn next door next time if rates are comparable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lincoln South? Share your experiences!