“Bad bad and bad” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Bad bad and bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food looked great but the seasoning on it was awful could not eat the onion rings for all the pepper that was in the batter mix. and I had so much Pepper on my steak that I had to send it back twice. awful

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“two words: bacon jam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My colleague and I came upon this establishment before returning to Omaha. Since we were in steak country, why not head to the appropriately named Steak House.

We came for lunch and waited about five minutes until the server/hostess emerged and told us we could sit anywhere.

The lunch menu isn't as extensive as the dinner menu, but there are still some delectable offerings. I ordered the Bacon Jam Gorgonzola burger with hand cut fries. It's juicy, savory and sweet and just so so good. The meal comes with hand cut fries, but do opt for the onion rings: large, circular rings golden fried and not too much batter, but still maintaining the crunch.

Since we came during lunch, we were able to enjoy a leisurely meal, without feeling hurried.

Would definitely return here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Sad and really bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The banner outside read "Under New Management " and it is bad management. I was seated in the middle of dirty tables and they never were cleared. The menu stated that the steaks were choice and aged 21 days, that was not true in fact my ribeye was not even cut correctly. The mushrooms were straight out of the can and the Bernaise sauce looked and tasted terrible and probaly would make you sick as it wasn't at the correct temperature Nice atmosphere but the visible steak grill was closed because the "the guy went home". Finally I ordered my steak medium and it came out really rare as my steak sat in a pool of blood the manager argued with me and said she couldn't tell from her angle. Save yourself a bad experience and stay away.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good steak , clueless service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

O.K. rustic décor and ambiance. I was having a business dinner with an important customer and wanted a relaxed, leisurely atmosphere so we could talk at length. Although friendly the server hounded us for our order so we gave in and hurried with our selections. The wine list had no prices and when I asked the response was, Oh nothing is more than 30 something dollars, - really ? . I had finished before my guest and suddenly my plate was gone , no , may I take this for you to which I would have replied that it can wait until my guest has finished. More hounding for a dessert but we just wanted to finish talking and drink our wine. Slap, the bill was on the table. This restaurant has no idea how to give their patrons an enjoyable dining experience which is a shame since the steak was very good. There were plenty of empty tables so table turning was not even an issue.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maplewood, Minnesota
“It makes me weep!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I cannot tell a lie. I didn't go here on this trip to Lincoln. Thus, the title of my review. However, I have been here before, and that should make me qualified to write a review, especially since I wasn't writing Tripadvisor reviews when I went here before. This is flat out the best steak place that I have ever been to. (Hyperbole, or the truth? TRUTH!) Hey, you're in Nebraska. You've got to have some beef! You've got to have something delicious that used to Mooooo. Skip every other steak place in Lincoln. Skip every other steak place in Nebraska except Johnny's in Omaha. The Steak House in Lincoln is THE place to go!! OK, I'll go here the next time I'm in Lincoln. I swear! Mooooo.

Visited May 2013