“good steaks” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“good steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have always had a good steak when I go in here. good food. the service is good, too. they let you pick out your steak, and they will cook it for you. they can be a little pricey, but they are worth it. I usually just do this place for a special meal. they have been pretty good about serving just one person. as you may know, not every place wishes to serve, just one person, not with dinner anyway. Lunch may be easier on that one.

Visited May 2012

Mebane, North Carolina
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place had OK food and good service, but for the prices ($25 for a NY Strip) I did not think it was that great. The interior is not very nice, with no windows. The service was good, and there was nothing wrong with the food, but it was not great either.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Anniversary dinner and guest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We ordered filets Mine was quite thin and not that good although it was cooked to medium as I had ordered. The dinner salad was awful, only the white leaves of the ice burg lettuce plus one slice of cucumber along with a small tomato. It was cold in the large room.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Not a place for non-steak eater”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We visited Lincoln, the state capital of Nebraska on May 14th. My significant other (SO)wanted steak for dinner. We came across The Steak House on the visitors' guide. The place has a rustic decor and did not look very clean. My SO ordered a filet mignon to satisfy his meat craving. Being not a meat eater, I decided to order a cat fish thinking NE has plenty of fresh water fish. When waitress brought my dish, I found a little piece of fish filet deep fried in a thin batter. It was to crunch to my taste and the fish itself was tasteless. Needless to say I was not happy with it. My SO's filet mignon was just "ok". Well, it teaches me a lesson "do not order fish in a steak restaurant".

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
nebraska/cabo rojo
“Great guy place with hunting and fish trophies on the wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A friend and I had lunch at The Steak House. The sandwiches were excellent and they have a large variety of extras. The salad was simple but fresh. We both remember the restaurant as a fine place to have a steak so I need to return for dinner sometime. We got there around 12:30 PM and were somewhat surprised that there were not more customers.

• Visited April 2012