“The classiest Embassay Suites at which I have stayed!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Zoo Package
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Vista
De Soto, Kansas
“The classiest Embassay Suites at which I have stayed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I went with my husband on a business trip this past week for two nights- it was very enjoyable- beautiful furnishings, a flat screen in living and bedroom areas, gorgeous lobby. The breakfast was great; the made-to-order omelettes were the best! One of the most noticable " bests " was the wonderful coffee in the in-room coffeemaker, which is usually awful and not worth the trouble. The bed was comfy with loads of pillows, although I brought my own. I didn't try the Nines- the restaurant, but the coffee shop was great- served Starbucks, had a biscotti, and the young man there was very nice. Only two things- there was one Kleenex left in the bathroom tissue box, and I could never get our refridgerator to work, but not a biggie. I wish there was more to near the hotel- there was a Cabela's right across the street- but it is probably a newly developing area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newport News, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

My fiance and I split a suite with my folks while we attended a family wedding in the area. Most of the guests were staying across the street at the Hampton Inn, but I scoped out the ES since we could more comforably fit four of us into one room, and it was of course cheaper than booking two rooms at the Hampton.

This ES was quite new when we visited and accordingly it was spotless. Our first night there we ate in the hotel restaurant and the portions were huge! Not to mention the presentation of each dish was well beyond my expectations for a hotel meal. We ordered off of the lunch menu I believe as we weren't really up for a big fancy dinner, but we were still quite impressed.

The room was great as well. My fiance and I had the pullout sofa in the living area while my folks took the bedroom. Both beds were very comforable. Both rooms also had a 42" (guess) flatscreen TV. There was a sitting area with a table near the bar area with microwave, refrigerator and an additional sink. The bathroom was rather large as well. Overall the four of us did not have a problem sharing this nice size suite for three nights. The doors to the bedroom close completely so we didn't have to listen to each other snore at night.

The breakfast included with the room was impressive as well. As with all ES's there was a cook to order area with omelets, pancakes, etc. There was also a large spread of pastries, cereals, fruit, juices, etc. Everyone could find something they liked at breakfast. The managers reception in the evenings was impressive as well. Some other ES's I've been to will serve only beer/wine during the reception, but this bartender was willing to whip up anything, including a cosmo!

I can't say enough good things about this property, we really enjoyed it and if we had the need to be back in the La Vista area, would not hesitate to book it.

• Stayed September 2008
Middleton, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I just spent two nights at the Embassy Suites in La Vista, NE for a conference. The rooms are big and pretty nice. The hotel is new and in top condition. The staff is friendly, cheerful and helpful. The rooms have flat screen tvs with some HD channels.

The hotel was pricier than last year's conference hotel, but it was very nice and I got what I paid for. I can recommend this hotel very highly. My first preference in Omaha is to stay right downtown in the heart of Old Market district, but if I'm not staying downtown, I would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Beautiful place to relax and call home while on vacation for a week in Omaha to visit our son. They upgraded us to an executive suite upon check-in, nice surprise. Room more than satisfied our every need. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot very clean and worked well. Houskeeping was great. Front desk reps very helpful with maps and directions. Extremely easy access to highway. Pool and spa are large, very nice and clean. Towels readily available. Breakfast was abundant in choices and the chef making ready order omelettes, the best! Managers reception every evening was another special treat. Slightly more than I usually pay but it was worth every dime.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Princeotn, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We love Embassy Suites and this one is the best we have stayed in. Everything about it is beautiful. This was our second stay-a great stop for us when we are leaving family in Denver to come home in Illinois..The staff is very friendly. The manager's reception and the breakfast are just great. You can't beat the Embassy suites breakfast. Anything you want is there.. Stay here you won't be disappointed. My husband loves walking to Cabella's...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Husband and I were in Omaha for the business training. They booked us at the Embassy Suites in La Vista. Beautiful hotel, it adjoined the Conference Center where training was so no rushing out the door to avoid traffic in a city we'd never been to. The Embassy really pampers their guests. We had a lovely suite, spacious and luxurious with business amenities aplenty. The comp breakfast each AM was amazing. Made to order omelets, fresh fruits & breads, meats, pancakes, yogurt and cereals too. We did have to watch out for the bounty of kids everywhere though. Most were just excited to have breakfast, so we didn't mind much. We tucked in under a live palm tree and enjoyed the sights and sounds. The Manager's Special at the bar in the evening was a great touch. We had a cocktail while figuring out where to go for dinner. Their van service was stellar; very congenial and knowledgeable. The staff at the La Vista is one-in-a-million. They don't shuttle to the fun places like Old Market or the Rosenblatt Stadium, (which is going to be torn down next year so go see it, early baseball stadium like-feel : Wrigley) You can get connected with a town car service to get you there and back. We found out there is an Old Market Embassy Suite, which when we used their restrooms discovered their koi pond and ducks inside the lobby! Other than Old Market there's not much else to go and do in Omaha. Definitely a hotel worth bookmarking for future stays though. As for a few small snafus, pretty minor, but worth noting. We hung up our towels in the AM, like their water conservation card recommends, we got new fresh ones anyway and lost a pair of VS undies in the process. They did offer to buy a pair to replace. We used the dry cleaning service, got our items back when promised although had to take a Tide Stick to one shirt as it didn't come back spot free. Good thing we don't travel w/o one. Finally, I don't recommend their day spa listed, JB salon on Giles Rd. The hour hot stone massage felt great, but left my stomach and back broken out in a sweat rash, probably needed to change the table sheet between clients. When I went on to the pedi, got the worst nail art I've ever seen. I should have spoken up but felt awkward when the tech found I had a half unattached nail and had been scraping the cuticle back for 5 min, before she said anything. No pain involved, but suddenly I just wanted to get out of there when she offered to clip it away. I definitely had an "experience" from the salon which didn't even honor my coupon from the hotel. Thank goodness for the hotel shuttle and their driver, who made me forget my insignificant little trouble as we talked about Omaha. I decide to not call the salon as these were my own lessons to live with. Definitely worth the stay at the hotel, big marks in our book. I should basked in the oasis of the hotel have just stayed at the pool each day with a good summer read.

Worth, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

The staff was amazing everywhere I went in the hotel, beautifully decorated rooms and lobby, and by far some of the best room service I have had. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista? Share your experiences!