“No early breakfast on Sundays and poor parking situation” 3 of 5 stars

Book Now And Save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Vista
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Island, Nebraska, United States
“No early breakfast on Sundays and poor parking situation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My daughter, her friend and I were in town for a swim meet over the weekend. It was a Sat/Sun event and the girls had to be at the pool by 7:20 - it was a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel to the pool so I was thrilled that I could let them sleep in a bit and eat a nice hot breakfast before we left on Sunday morning. To my disappointment when we got to the lobby at 6:15 am there was no breakfast! A manager came over to explain that Sunday breakfast is served at 7am. I wish I had known. We couldn't get a bagel or anything! So, we rushed back to the room and ran out the door to find a McDonalds!

Also, they were having a conference the night we were there and I had to park 3 parking lots away from the entrance. Being a paying customer I would think I would have preference to the spots in the lot by the main entrance - but no such luck.

I will be staying at Hampton Inn across the street from now on. They serve a hot breakfast at 6 am - 7 days a week. The suites are nice, but my decision to pay a little more for this hotel was mostly based on the hot full service breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great staff, clean,lovely hotel. We had a run in with another guest whom was quite intoxicated and stumbling around the atrium. Alex,Dawn and the mngr on duty apologized and bent over backwards to make the rest of my stay enjoyable. An upgraded room, and a free movie for my little one, who witnessed the intoxicated woman foolishly acoust myself and our family.
We will stay at this hotel next time we visit Omaha!

• Stayed January 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

when u have a new hotel that is designed well u have a great experience.
the lobby is beautiful with waterfalls. the hotel has free drinks, soft drinks juices beer wine and free appetizers from 4 to 7 every day. while these are free, they arent cheap stuff. the restaurant is very good unlike many hotel restaurant. i'm actuallyy looking forward to eat at this place. it also has a very nice bakery on the first floor.

• Stayed January 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

New, clean, and employees that go out of their way to help. Could not ask for a better place to stay. Pool was great, and we and the kids had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice family hotel but need to clean / dust. We have dust on kleenex container and dust balls were all over the vent in the bathroom vent. The vent hadn't been clean in years (if ever). The cleaning staff needs to take a little longer in each room. This isn't the first time that I have stayed at this hotel where I noticed dust in the rooms / hallways.

The breakfast was good and they are family friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Management was rude and had no customer service skills. While at breakfast my young son had only socks on (we could not locate his shoes and there was no sign stating shoes are required). The manager came over and said he is not allowed to be there without shoes and that he must leave due to health reasons. She was very rude and loud that everyone in the breakfast area heard. Left with my son mad that he could not eat and I was in tears. Then the manager continued to point my son out during the rest of breakfast to other staff members stating that he did not have shoes on. Have stayed at serveral locations and being from Omaha I am sad to say I will never stay at a local Embassy. This was after several other issue the night before. The elevators are poorly located and after swimming with the kids you have to go completely around the lobby and near the front doors (very cold).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Andover, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was here on business for two nights. They offer a nice complimentary breakfast and although I didn't take advantage of it, they do have a "managers reception" which offers complimentary drinks. The hotel was super clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Also, the staff was so friendly. I utilized their shuttle service to go into the city for meetings on both days - and both shuttle drivers (wish I remembered their names) were awesome. Made me feel so comfortable and had great conversations with each. Each time I walked into the hotel, or past an employee they always said hi with a smile! Even the two different ladies who brought up room service and the one that brought extra shampoo to my room greeted me with a smile and made sure that there was nothing else I needed. I have to say, that the staff always makes the biggest difference in how I rate a hotel - and this hotel has it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites Omaha- La Vista. I am glad to hear how great your stay was! It is always our goal to exceed your expectations. I hope we will get the privilege to be of service again in the future! I will make sure to share your comments with our staff, they will greatly appreciate the praise you have given them. Once again, thank you for taking your time to review the hotel!

Stephanie Grade
Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista? Share your experiences!