“Poor service making this the worst Embassy” 1 of 5 stars

Book Now And Save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Vista
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Omaha
“Poor service making this the worst Embassy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Management was rude and had no customer service skills. While at breakfast my young son had only socks on (we could not locate his shoes and there was no sign stating shoes are required). The manager came over and said he is not allowed to be there without shoes and that he must leave due to health reasons. She was very rude and loud that everyone in the breakfast area heard. Left with my son mad that he could not eat and I was in tears. Then the manager continued to point my son out during the rest of breakfast to other staff members stating that he did not have shoes on. Have stayed at serveral locations and being from Omaha I am sad to say I will never stay at a local Embassy. This was after several other issue the night before. The elevators are poorly located and after swimming with the kids you have to go completely around the lobby and near the front doors (very cold).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Andover, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was here on business for two nights. They offer a nice complimentary breakfast and although I didn't take advantage of it, they do have a "managers reception" which offers complimentary drinks. The hotel was super clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Also, the staff was so friendly. I utilized their shuttle service to go into the city for meetings on both days - and both shuttle drivers (wish I remembered their names) were awesome. Made me feel so comfortable and had great conversations with each. Each time I walked into the hotel, or past an employee they always said hi with a smile! Even the two different ladies who brought up room service and the one that brought extra shampoo to my room greeted me with a smile and made sure that there was nothing else I needed. I have to say, that the staff always makes the biggest difference in how I rate a hotel - and this hotel has it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites Omaha- La Vista. I am glad to hear how great your stay was! It is always our goal to exceed your expectations. I hope we will get the privilege to be of service again in the future! I will make sure to share your comments with our staff, they will greatly appreciate the praise you have given them. Once again, thank you for taking your time to review the hotel!

Stephanie Grade
Assistant General Manager
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

While driving cross country we make it a point to stop at this Embassy Suites hotel because it has just about everything you could ask for. This hotel is clean, a nice homey feel as with all Embassy Suites, free happy hour drink reception, wonderful free breakfast too with really comfortable beds.

The drink reception had chips, dips, nacho's, soft drinks, beer, wine and yes, the hard stuff.

Breakfast was wonderful as usual with Omelettes made to order, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage pancakes, potatoes and the rest.

The hotel has wifi that I guess is not free but they waived the fee and so that was another added feature.

I like the fact that they also have a starbucks downstairs, and a super nice lobby. I will stay here again if I pass through this way for sure.

Traveling with family, one of the criteria for a good hotel is also the pool. Everyone wants a pool and this hotel had a super nice pool area. Clean, warm water, jaquizzi was clean and large, a gym.

We had a good time and it was nice to take a family swim before bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Stony Point, NC USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

A Wonderful Hotel. We had a great room and everyone was extra nice. Bob was very helpful in getting a package to us when it arrived. The Breakfast was the best. Also the Hostess at breakfast very nice. Cannot say enough about everyone and everything there. I would rate everything # 1 - top of the line!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room will be great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I spent 3 nights at the Embassy Suites for a business conference and stayed here a year ago for similar conference. Used AAA rate. Rooms exceptionally clean and well-appointed. Love the spaciousness. Great bath amenities (Crabtree & Evelyn).

Complimentary hot breakfast, manager's evening reception with complimentary beverages & snacks. Bar & restaurant available. Business center allows for printing and getting boarding passes.

Staff very friendly & helpful.

Hotel is adjoined to La Vista Conference Center and there's a Courtyard on the other side of the conference center. Cabela's right across the street.

You can't go wrong with this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is excellent. It is clean, large, comfortable. The workers are friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've stayed at this property many times on business and am always pleased. For a smoker like myself, I particularly enjoy that they still have smoking rooms usually off in the corner to avoid annoying the non-smokers. Certainly a best-practice!

On my last stay, the receptionist told me that they have reduced the number of available smoking rooms down to just 3. What's up with that. I was unable to get into a smoking room for the first time ever staying at this property.

I travel almost 3 times per month and the Hilton's have been my preferred chain for this (and other) reasons as they have properties that allow (still legal) smoking.

Many business travellers smoke and enjoy the convenience of not having to go outside. Is it not the business traveller that keeps the hotel afloat during that Mon-Fri period week over week? Sure, in a heavily booked weekend, a family might have to stay in a smoking room occassionally and will complain. But if a smoker cannot get a smoking room, is that complaint not of equal stature? Which has the bigger impact: the high frequency traveller complaint or the occasional vacationer complaint?

Let's rethink this. Now I have fewer compelling reasons to prefer this property over the Mariott right next door. Let's rethink this.

Thanks

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Manager at Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests. I am sorry we were not able to provide you a smoking room on your last stay. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations.

We reduced the number of smoking suites in July due to a lack of demand for the smoking suites. We are still working on whether that number that we have reduced to is appropriate for our guests that prefer that room type. So once again, thank you for your feedback for it is vital in our ability to assess our client's needs. We have planned to revisit this subject mid October; once we have 90 days of history to see what is appropriate for our location. I anticipate that we may be increasing our number of smoking suites from our current level.

I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Omaha. Please feel free to contact me personally with any questions.

Stephanie Grade
Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista? Share your experiences!