“No Longer a Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kearney

You added Quality Inn Kearney to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kearney
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 3rd Ave, Kearney, NE 68845 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Carbondale, Illinois
“No Longer a Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

This Fairfield is now a Quality Inn. Sadly there are no Marriott family hotels in this part of Nebraska anymore.

• Liked — Clean, great amenities for the price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

Fairfield Inn Kearney is one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've stayed in. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was spotless. The breakfast buffet was well stocked--one of the better buffets I have had at Fairfield Inns; while they are essentially the same, clearly some hotels do a better job of keeping the buffet stocked and ordering a variety of foods. This one had cheese for example.

The hotel was easy to find--right of I-80. I highly recommend staying here. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and it is close to everything.

• Liked — the breakfast buffet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for several days while birding on the Platte River during Sandhill Crane migration. The hotel was perfect. Nice bathroom. Comfortable beds with lots of pillows! Great breakfast bar in the morning. Some mornings we had to get out early to see the birds, and the Inn provided "grab 'n go" breakfasts in the lobby. Those came in handy on those early mornings.

The hotel was very clean, the personnel were wonderful and very friendly. The pool was nice for the kids. The free wireless internet never failed. The rooms were reasonably priced.

We will definately stay there again next year during Sandhill Crane time.

Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

My 8 month old son and I were driving back to Colorado and needed a place to stop for the night. My husband accidentally booked the Fairfield Inn for us (getting my Marriott points). I'm very glad he did. Beds are VERY comfortable. Great decor and very spacious and clean. We had a room with 2 queens, but still had plenty of room for my son's crib, my luggage, etc. It also had an arm chair which was great for feeding my son. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room, as well.

Staff was very courteous and breakfast looked great! The pool is a bit small (great for kids) and there is not a hot tub that I could find.

I have recommended it to my family members that drive through Kearney. It's also right next door to Carlos O'Kelly's for a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2005

My husband and I just stayed at the Fairfield Inn off I-80 in Kearney. We were traveling from Omaha and needed a place to stay in Kearney.

The hotel is very nice - very comfortable beds and pillows, nice bathroom (nothing fancy but clean and massage showerheads), fairly large rooms, and wireless internet. The staff also seemed friendly, although we didn't interact much with them. It is also very convenient to I-80 and many restaurants. For those interested in the pool, it was somewhat small as were the excercise facilities. But they seemed well kept and certainly adequate.

I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

I only spent one night here during a road trip, but it was a fine stay. Check-in was quick and the room was clean. Fairfield Inn is no Ritz, but fine enough for a place to sleep. I'd stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2005
QualityGm115, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our hotel is a pet friendly hotel and we do accept pets with an extra fee, this fee goes to an entire cleaning of the room. If reserving your reservation online it does also state there is an additional fee for pets. If booking property dirrect and you do state you will be bringing a pet we do let all guests know there is an additional fee. At the time of check it you did sign a pet agreement form that does state there is a fee for having pets in the hotel. I apologize that some of the chairs in the pool room had been broken those have been replaced so we can ensure no one is injured. I do appreciate you bringing that to my attention. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

We were on the last leg of a "family oddessey" visiting colleges from San Antonio to Ohio to Nebraska, and needed to stop at a mid point between Lincoln and Fort Collins. We usually stay at the Residence Inn 2 bedroom suites, but Kearney's location filled the bill, and we picked, for the first time ever, a Fairfield Inn, to add to our Marriott Rewards Points. The two-bedroom queen size room was very clean, unexpectedly spacious with overstuffed chair and desk connected to wireless internet, and neatly decorated, the hotel seemed recently built, the staff friendly and courteous, and very happily, we were put (as requested via our internet reservation) on the top floor in a non smoking room in a quiet location. The only negative was a tempremental treadmill in the work out room... The staff made a fine recommendation for dinner nearby...all in all a suprisingly good stay at a very pedestrian price (somewhere in the 60-70/night range). We still like the extra space at the Residence Inn's, but would stay at this particular location again in a minute....

Been to Quality Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!