“Great hotel to stay in!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kearney

You added Quality Inn Kearney to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kearney
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 3rd Ave, Kearney, NE 68845 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
“Great hotel to stay in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is an awesome place to stay. the staff is friendly and the rooms are amazing. the hotel pool was the highlight of my boys stay though, it was clean and a perfect size for my little ones. However, they advertise that there is coin-operated laundry on thier website and that is not the case.

• Stayed November 2012
QualityGm115, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for you great review! The staff here loves to hear great reviews! We are happy that you had a great stay and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are very clean and quite spacious. Breakfast was horrible. They didn't even offer water as an option for a drink. It was also so hot in the room it was uncomfortable. Eggs were like rubber! Rate for a double queen was 102.00, high compared to other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We have looked into our breakfast standards and have improved the quality of our breakfast. We hope to see you again sometime soon to see the changes we have made!
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The check in was fast and courteous. The breakfast was good with a good supply of food and good service. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were all cheerful and helpful. I would stay there again if I go that way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review! We are motivated to go above and beyond with positive reviews! We hope to see you soon!
Oberlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent overall - room very clean and comfortable - ok selection of fruit [apples and oranges, but I prefer bananas] for continental breakfast - towels were a little thin – it takes 2 to get dry – Front desk personnel were pleasant and friendly.lent overall - room very clean and comfortable - good selection for continental breakfast - towels were a little thin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a response! It is important to us to hear from our guests as to how we can improve! We are pleased to hear that your stay was great and that the staff was friendly! We hope to see you soon!
Ellerbe, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I are traveling cross country on vacation. Since we are Choice Privilege card holders, we try to always stay in one of the higher end Choice Hotels. We also travel with a small pet (dog). Upon check-in, I was presented with the Pet Policy. Most hotel Pet Policies are a little different from one location to the next so I always pay close attention before signing. The policy indicated the customer would be responsible for any damages to the room by the pet. That is reasonable but I requested the room to be checked by housekeeping prior to check-out. Desk attendant stated, "ok".

The next morning when preparing to leave the room, I called the front desk so housekeeping could check the room. I was told that we could go and the room did not have to be checked but we would be phone called and charged for any damages. I explained to the attendant this was unacceptable since we were responsible for the room. The attendant informed me there was no one that could check the room and my choice was to check out.

When I got down to the desk, I explained again the policy statement and without checking the room prior to leaving the hotel leaves the customer at the mercy of the hotel. The attendant stated she had no one that could go and check the room (stated it had to be checked by the head housekeeper). But, I was told again if any damages were evident they take pictures and then the customer's bank account is charged. When I requested about the manager, I was told she was doing the laundry that they were under staffed. I explained I was sorry the manager had to do the laundry but I was very concerned about the liability the motel places customers traveling with a pet. In the meantime, the manager came to the front desk. She rudely stated the policy did not state the rooms would be checked at check-out. I informed her I was very aware that was not in the policy; however, without doing so it leaves the customer wide open for any additional charges. Although the manager was present at the desk long enough that she could have checked the room, she never offered.

In the meantime, the "head" housekeeper came by the desk and stated she could check the room. We were aware there were no damages to the room but did not feel comfortable leaving without acknowledgment to the fact. I agree with this even more so after reading some of the above recent reviews regarding being charged additional "rates/fees".

During check-out, the front desk attendant also "scolded" me for being placed in a 2nd floor room. I explained that the 2nd floor room was not requested and that was an in-house issue.

I believe I also need to comment the towels were very frayed with strings hanging from the edges.

The motel needs to: 1. revisit the Pet Policy and ethically modify to include a review of the room at check-out 2. train the manager and front desk staff re professional 3. train the manager and front desk staff re complaint management 4. take an inventory of the hotel linens and replace

P.S. while all of this was happening an additional complaint came in via phone about a customer's bank account

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityGm115, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding during your stay. We do welcome pets at the hotel at check in there is a form for the guest to sign stating that any damages you would be responisble for. Check out time at the hotel is very busy and at the time of your request to have the room checked we were unable to have an authorized staff member check the room. The room had been checked with in 10 minutes of your request. Again I do apologize for the confusion. We appreciate your business and would like to invite you back.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Been at the hotel for 10 days on business. Advised the desk that water is cool to cold in the morning (6am-9am) and inquired why. This is unacceptable. The Hampton was booked, as well as the Holiday Inn, so I'm stuck.

When rooms are cleaned, towels are removed but not replaced. NO toilet paper replacement.

The hotel is less than a year old. Patio is nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize that you were not satisfied during your stay. It is very important to myself and staff to make sure every guests needs are met. We did look into the water issue and the service tech said that everything was running correctly. Please keep in mind if you had a do not disturb sign on your door housekeeping is not authorized to enter the room. I have addressed these issues with my staff and no longer see this being a problem. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Thank you !
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After pricing on Orbitz for $79 plus tax, the front desk attendant quoted $99 and said she could not match the internet price, but invited me to book on their lobby computer for the 79 rate, which I did. Room was fine, spacous, clean with comfy beds. Breakfast was below average, with terrible scrambled eggs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased to hear that your room was clean and spacious, with comfortable beds. We strive daily to meet these needs of our guests. We have added new items to the breakfast as well as removed some and we hope you can come back and see the changes we have made!

Been to Quality Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!