“nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kearney

You added Quality Inn Kearney to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kearney
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 3rd Ave, Kearney, NE 68845 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
plainview
“nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

stopped with no reservation on a saturday evening got a great room the girl at the front desk was extremely friendly and courtesy. i would stay again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
QualityGm115, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you for your comment! We appreciate it! Its nice to hear that staff is doing great and the guests feel welcome! We hope to see you again really soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Madrid, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Wyoming and then again on the way back. The night clerk was friendly and helpful. She got us on the first floor even though it was late. She remembered us on the way back through a week later. Room was clean and comfortable. Not the newest decor but not ugly by far. Bed was super comfortable and slept like a log. Bathroom was clean and well maintained and supplied with nice thick towels. Breakfast was ok the first time but on the return trip the waffle mixer was not working and the guy wasn't available to help--not too friendly. Was a little high in price but wanted a room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
QualityGm115, General Manager at Quality Inn Kearney, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! I would like to let you know about our newest renovation of the hotel which includes all new bedroom furniture! We invite you to come see our changes and hope to see you again soon!
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

room was clean...very sparse..no micro of refer..but that was ok...i had a coffee pot in my room, but they didnt give me any coffee..no shampoo or conditioner either..breakfast was NOT good, staff was friendly. security door broken, any one could enter. bed was great, clean sheets, room was "pet friendly" and had NO smell. thats worth everything.i would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
I apprectiate your review! I would like to let you know that we strive daily to meet our guests 100% satisfaction! We are currently working on renovating the hotel and would like to invite you back to see our improvement. We look forward to seeing you again and ensuring your stay is 100% satisfactory!
Shelton, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had to stay here not long ago. Only reason we made reservations there was that I planned to have my wife and dog along and the place I wanted to stay wouldn't take pets. This was the only place in town that would and had a room open. As it turned out the wife and dog didn't come so I called the night before when I found this out and tried to cancel the room. I was told that after 4 PM I would be charged for the room no matter what. I understand if I don't show up or even if I cancel the day of arrival, but charging me full price when I try to cancel the day before is ridiculous. Obviously they were just trying to maintain the income since the hotel appeared to be less than half full the one night I stayed there.

As far as the room it had a nice mustard yellow bedspread and curtains, looked like grandma's house did back in the 70s. Everything else pretty much matched. I admit I came in with a bad attitude but they certainly didn't do anything to make me feel more comfortable about being stuck there either.

Beware the advertising for this place as well - they state that they are close to campus, etc. but in reality they are in the same cluster as 90% of the hotels in town so don't book them based on that claim.

Lots of great hotel choices in Kearney if you don't have a pet with you, I highly recommend any of the others. If you do have a pet I'd recommend continuing down the road for other options.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to notify us of the issues you encountered at the Quality Inn, Kearney, Nebraska. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that the issues you have brought up have been passed along to the staff of the hotel and the appropriate action has been taken. We do value you as our guest and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future when your travel plans take you through Kearney Nebraska. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Belleville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel is old and feels that way. It seemed clean enough; the breakfast was okay, but I felt like overall it was overpriced. Also, the girl at the front desk who checked us in was polite and friendly, but when we checked out the next morning I felt like the young lady was for some reason angry at me and could barely tolerate my presence. I asked a question and she was clearly irritated at having to answer. She forced out a curt reply, but it was very poor customer service. They also charged me extra for the use of a rollaway bed. I had no idea they would charge me for that and was confident that the charge had not been disclosed when I made the request (though it is possible I am wrong about that) but the hotel seemed irritated that I brought it up, and had absolutely no intention of budging on the extra fee. Kearney is nice, but I highly recommend a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I would like to apologize that you were not 100% satisfied during your stay at the Quality Inn, Kearney Nebraska. All guest rooms have been updated and we strive daily to achieve the best satisfaction from our guests. All issues with staff have been addressed and i would like to invite you back to see the changes we have made! We hope to see you soon! Thank you for your response!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

We were traveling from Des Moines to Boulder where we live and planned on stopping over at Grand Island. But when we went in and found the price $90. and no breakfast we called the one just 30 miles west in Kearny, NE. They offer the same room for $68. & includes a continental breakfast, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, waffles etc.. The check in was quick and very professional. They have a small pool indoors, indoor halls, well lit parking and was very quite. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your response it is greatly apprectiated! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I'd read reviews that made me think this was going to be a rough stay, BUT it was better than expected. My family was traveling and Kearney was the best stopping point on our trip. I wanted a pool for our kids and there are only a few options in Kearney. Our room was very clean, up to date, and spacious. The hotel was very quiet--never heard any noise and it was very busy. The staff was polite and professional--we needed a couple little things and the busy front desk attendant brought them to us in less than 5 minutes. The breakfast was as expected w/waffles, boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, etc. The pool was a little cool and quite small but fine enough for a quick swim after traveling all day. Two minor negatives: Our reservation was for two queens. The room was very spacious but the beds were probably only doubles--not queens. The biggest negative is the exercise room--neither the treadmill or eliptical were in working order and no free weights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response! We hope to see you soon!

Been to Quality Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!