“First class service with a New Orleans surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Omaha
“First class service with a New Orleans surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I had the pleasure to stay at the Ramada Inn in Kearney, Nebraska on February 9-11, 2010. I also utilized one of the conference rooms for two days of training for 15 colleagues. All attendees evaluated their rooms as being highly satisfactory or excellent. Dixie and her staff in the group sales department catered to all my special needs and requests related to the meeting space. The hotel manager personally followed up to ensure that all of our needs were being met satisfactorily. The real surprise, however, was the EXCEPTIONAL food in the restaurant. The chef, a transplant from New Orleans, served up his regional cuisine with great style, great taste, and huge portions. Having traveled to New Orleans many times, this food was better than any that I had eaten in the Crescent City (New Orleans). I would highly recommend the hotel and the restaurant for travelers to Kearney, Nebraska.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Iowa City, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I have stayed in Kearney before but never there. I decided to give it a try because of the sign saying rooms for $59. Imagine my surprise when the cost for a single king room was only $49 plus a small dog fee of $10 which they took off when I presented my AAA card.
The room was obviously remodeled and quite nice. The bed had new bedding and 8 pillows on it! It was very comfortable. The room also included a business desk with rolling chair and a chair with ottoman. There was also a microwave and refrigerator. Everything was spotless and I have never stayed in an exit hotel/motel off of an interstate that was so quiet ! The hot breakfast the next morning was excellent and had everything that anyone could want. There is an indoor pool with a bridge and bar in the pool area. There were multiple families enjoying this amenity. This is obviously a convention center and had it's own restaurant.. I will stay here again and recommend it to others.
Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Palco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

The last time we stayed here it was the Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn seems to let their buildings run down and sell. This place had clean rooms. There were things that needed repairs. The pool was right temp but had some sand in it. The staff were all real helpful. The continental breakfast was great both mornings we were there. If they can get the place back in shape it will be a really nice place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I'm originally from Kearney and now live in the Omaha area. When visiting family in Kearney we liked staying here because of the indoor area and pool but since they remodeled and took most of that area away, it's not the same. Upon arrival, we were charged $100 for a very dated poolside room. We then asked if they had a wheelchair we could borrow to help in getting my elderly Mother to the room and they said they did. We then borrowed it at that time and again the next morning to get her back into the car. They never said anything about a charge but later learned that we were charged $10.00 each time we borriwed the chair. We have stayed there several times in the past but this time was the last.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for five nights. I booked online and got a suite for the same price as a basic room. It was by far the largest room I had ever stayed in. Although the hotel is dated and did have a musty odor it was not so bad. It was clean and every employee that I encountered was pleasant and went out of their way to accomodate you. The bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows. The towels and washcloths were higher end than I ever expect at a hotel. The conference area was large and the staff were really good at keeping up with everything that was going on (and there was alot going on.) The pool area was clean and the kids using it seemed to be having a great time. The AC was on target considering the temperature was over 100 most days. But by far the best kept secret is the Bistro...the dinners were some of the best that I have ever had and the presentation alone of the food was by far the best I have ever seen! This Bistro in itself takes away any negatives that this hotel has...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Bellevue, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I checked into this hotel and hurried over to my room. When I entered the room I noticed the "Rate Us" card from three days earlier. Nice touch! Anyway, the fan in the bathroom did not work, the light in the bathroom had issues, and the bath tub ran all night. When I say ran, I do not mean dripped. I mean it actually had a constant stream of water coming out. Nice touch with the "Please help us conserve water by reusing your towels" card net to the tub. My wife followed later that day. When she arrived she asked "Did yo take a bath today". I told her not yet, and she replied with "Guess all those pubes in the tub are not yours then?" Then due to the fact that they put me next to the bar (that by the way is just right out in the open area of the hotel) I was up listening to people scream until about 1 am. So...to sum up...if you wanted to locate hell and stay there for the night. Stay at the Ramada in Kearney!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
L
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

When we arrived at the Ramada we got terrible service. It was like they didn't want us there. The pool was filthy. Not just filthy but black with clumps of hair sticking to your body. We normally stay at the Holiday Inn in Kearney but the Ramada was cheaper. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The bugs kept you up at night. My advice to you is to stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed April 2007

Been to Ramada Kearney? Share your experiences!