“Poor” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Kearney

You added Howard Johnson Kearney to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Kearney
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   619 2nd Avenue East/I-80, I-80 & Exit 272, Kearney, NE 68847 (Formerly Days Inn Kearney)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Lincoln
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I arrived at the Days Inn in Kearney after working all day and traveling to Kearney on business. When I arrived at 7pm. The desk clerk was not pleasant at all. She assigned me to my room. I seen that the room door was standing wide open. I didn't even step one foot into the room. It wasn't clean at all. Beds weren't made, Beer Bottles on stand, Could see trash in the room it was filthy. I went back up to the front desk they assigned me to another room. As I was heading to my room another guest stopped me and told me about his experience with Days Inn. His experience was not good either. The pool was dirty as well. They say they have a business center. It only consist of a computer. Most motels also provide printers but, not this one. I do not consider this a business center. I do work that I need to be able to print things off for work and also fax things in. I was told there was no fax machine or copier. I will never stay at this motel again. I will pay the extra money for an upstanding motel. This motel cost around 80.00 a night really this motel should be with the rest of dump motels with the prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not just old- it feels dumpy. Rooms new to be updated- especially the bedding. The pool is decent but very cold and there are no pool towels- good luck getting extra towels from the front desk! The breakfast was a joke- stale muffins and cereal. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Overland Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The overall look of the hotel was very worn down; not at all what I expected.
The staff was fine. they were competent.. Had a slight problem in understanding the clerk because of an accent; not a deal-breaker. Next time
I would spend another $20.00 to get a better room at another hotel whose
physical plant is in better shape

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wisconsin Rapids
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

In desperate need of renovation. Room was not clean...you could write in the dust! The doorframe was loose & someone could have pushed the door open even when locked. The spa area had ants coming in under the door, and the moisture had rotted the trim & other woodwork. It was very inexpensive for a hotel with a pool & spa, but I would not stay there again unless it was renovated and cleaner.

• Stayed April 2013
Bonfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Room was very nice, but could only access room from back door of hotel. (Had to go outside to get to the backhalf , 2nd floor rooms.) Hotel staff was efficient, but not very friendly seeming. Nothing was wrong, or bad, they just didn't seem welcoming as I am used to in a hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Kearney? Share your experiences!