“Great place for the night!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Provo, Utah
“Great place for the night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

I booked via Hotwire, and was given this place. Finding it is easy, and the hotel is pretty new. Front desk was nice, quick, and I was up to my room in no time. The room was nice, had two very comfy queen beds and the sheets and duvet were above average. This is a quiet hotel. I didn't hear anything, which is always nice! The room was furnished well with a small sofa and table with chairs. This hotel has free wireless internet. I didn't get a chance to check out the pool and hot tub area, but it looked to be about your hotel average. I like this place, will stay here again the next time I'm driving through.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
OC, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stayed just overnight on our road trip. This hotel was very pleasant. We arrived pretty late due to having to wait out a severe thunder and hail storm on the way. I was very impressed with the clean, pleasant rooms. The staff was very nice and left the breakfast out a little longer in the morning so we could eat since we got up late. That was appreciated. All in all, just a very pleasant stay.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

Returning from a recent trip to Iowa, I decided to stop in Kearney, Nebraska for the night with my elderly mother and aunt. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, where they had stayed before on previous trips. I was so pleased by the entire motel. From the flower baskets and landscaping out front, to the pool and spa to breakfast the next morning, it really provided the rest I needed for the next day's drive. I am sure it is like other Country Inns as far as room layout, etc. however I thought other travelers might want to know about it, as there are many choices at the Kearney exit off Interstate 80. The staff was friendly and helpful, the pool well stocked with towels and rooms were clean. Breakfast had cereals, bagels, toast, sausage patties, waffles along with fruit, juices and coffee. I thought the price was reasonable. Just a nice place to stay!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

The people at the desk were horrible. We had booked a block of rooms here for my wedding, and if we got 10 rooms or nights booked then my husband and I would get our suite for free. And when I booked with them, I wanted the suite for the night before and the night of. They some how got that confused and gave me the night of and the night after. Fortunately they had a room open, but were not very gracious about the fact that we had brought in a lot of business. In fact they didn't even admit that we got our 10 rooms, so I had to pay the full bill. They never gave a confirmation number or asked for a credit card. And the bottle of wine that they promise is the cheapest white zin, you can find at wal-mart. I wonder if they realized that I spent over $300 there, the least they could do is give me a $10 bottle of champagne. And when my sister tried to give the wedding guest a care package to be put in their rooms they refused, saying that they don't do that. I have no love that company. In fact I slipped while walking down their steps, in my wedding dress, and they didn't even look up from the desk until my photographer said something about a lawsuit.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't expect anything from the employees
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

Great hotel! Room was very nice - clean and spacious. Pool area had a heated pool and large hot tub. The continental breakfast in the morning was nice. Great hotel for about $80 a night! Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2004
Iowa City, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2005

The rooms were great, we were traveling with extended family and we all were happy. Only negative was the date we were here was some big soccer tournament and the pool had so many kids in it that they closed it and sent people to the city pool. Was not how we had planned on spending our night after a big travel day! Great place overall and I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2005
Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2005

Our family of four needed a nice place to stay for the evening; someplace with a pool for the kids. We booked a lovely 2 room suite with a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. The living room also had a table to seat 4. There was a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. The room was immaculate and the decor was very nice. The pool was clean and centrally located but not noisy. The kids loved it. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2005

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney? Share your experiences!