“Best Onion rings” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 92 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American
Description: Steaks and prime rib were great. Service was a little slow but it was a Saturday night with some large groups.
Choctaw, Oklahoma
“Best Onion rings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was friendly and gave good suggestions from the menu. The onion rings were great. My youngest got a corn dog from the kid's menu. He said it was his light saber because of the size. I have 3 picky kids and all loved their food. My hotel sent me there and it was a great time.

Visited June 2013

nebraska
“Good overall taste, great drinks, and prompt service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The servers were friendly and quick to get what we needed. The food was a bit pricey but it was quite tasty. Wait time for a table was a little bit longer than I would have liked, but I suppose that will happen on Saturday evenings.

Visited April 2013
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
“Best onion rings ever?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Cellar has been a Kearney staple for years and with good reason. The food is out of this world! Steaks, burgers, prime rib, even the burritos are amazing. However a trip to the Cellar is not complete without an order of their hand dipped onion rings. By far the best rings I have ever had!!
The only draw back is the service. Every time I have ever eaten there the service is very slow. Don't even try to go on a Friday or Saturday night unless you have an hour to kill before being seated. Don't get me wrong I know it will be slow on busy nights but bad service on a Tuesday when there were only four or five other tables is inexcusable. The waitresses stood next to the bar chit-chatting while I watched my food sit in the window ready to be served.
All in all the food makes it worth it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kearney, Nebraska
“What a shame...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'll start off by saying that I've not had bad food at The Cellar ever. It's always good, flavorful, and prepared the way we ask. However, every single time we have been to this restaurant, we have had HORRIBLE service. This, and this alone, is why I rate it a 2. The last time we were inside this restaurant, we were treated so poorly that my husband cancelled his order and I got mine to go. I've never NOT tipped a server before, having been a server myself I know how difficult it can be. But on this occasion we paid and did not leave any tip, as the waitress was slow (we were one of the only couples in there) and COMPLETELY RUDE- I have never been treated so poorly.
From now on, if we get an urge for The Cellar, we order carry out! Such a shame!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best onion rings around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are in Kearney, Nebraska stop by the Cellar Bar & Grill. The onion rings are the very best! I went with the small order, but it was way too much for me to clean up. For my main course, I chose the Swiss mushroom burger with mushroon gravy. It was good, not great. Next time, I will forgo the gravy and opt to use mustard and ketchup. For my side, on the recommendation of my server, Emily; I went with the smoked sausage cheddar chowder and it was fantastic! Thank you, Emily for your recommendation and great service.

• Visited April 2013