“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Kearney
Springfield, Missouri
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our family stayed at this property driving in from Missour to attend a funeral of a family member. My parents had stayed at this hotel before but I had not. I was very apprehensive at first. Then as we pulled up to the hotel I saw all the awards this hotel had received. My experience at the hotel could not have been any better. The staff were all great they always at the ready to help in any way. The rooms were modern and clean, the beds..well I sleep like a baby. The hotel also offers a continental breakfast offering just about everythng for all tastes not leaving anyone out. We still have family that we will be visiting again in Kearney, and I assure you I will be staying at this hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I'm glad that we were able to relieve your apprehensions and provide you with the accommodations that our awards reflect. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here on Tripadvisor and we look forward to your future visits to Kearney. - David

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I can't say enough about the quality of this Motel. It was clean, neat, i felt safe alone, and the price was very low. I didn't smell any smoke until I walked through the doors dividing the 2 sections of the motel so I assumed that one section was 'smoking'. The cleaning staff in the morning informed me that the motel is smoke free but that some customers ignore the rules. The room I was in did not have a hint of smoke so if you get a room that does, ask for another. I really hate smoke smell and I was VERY pleased at the lack of it in this motel room. The room was small, as it was just for one person, but it was clean and seemed brand new. Both the night and day managers were clean cut and friendly. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. It had hot waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, a variety of toast and cereal items and drinks. I didn't see any fruit. The yogurt all was sweetened with aspartame... which I don't care for, but there were plenty of other choices. I took a card so that I can plan to stay here again as I pass through on my way to Utah to visit my kids. This motel is a real winner!

Room Tip: If your room isn't perfect, ask for another. I found that one section of the motel smelled like...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I really appreciate your comments, although, I do apologize for the smoke smell. We really work at maintaining a smoke free environment for our guests, but as you know, not all guests share the same respect for other travelers.
As you were able to observe and share, our staff, both housekeeping and guest services, enjoy providing award winning hospitality to our guests. Thank you. - David
Sidney, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last winter during a snow storm. The rooms are very nice and extremly clean! The desk staff was very polite and even upgraded me to the suite free of charge! For the price, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal in Kearney. I will definitly stay in this location again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
It sounds like this snow storm brought out the best. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you during an unfortunate time. Some might not know about our suites, so thank you for mentioning it. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit. - David
Saint Joseph, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very small rooms, but clean and quiet. Quite small breakfast area. Not large enough for visitors Very good breakfast. Including yogurt, waffles and toast . Parking was rather difficult. Area to congested.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Yes, our rooms and breakfast area are what you would call in-expansive or, rather inexpensive. Sorry for the pun... No, thank you for sharing your comments and I'm glad that you found our accommodations "well worth the money". Also, I'm glad that you found our rooms clean and quiet.
Thanks for taking time to share your experiences with other travelers.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here twice. All rooms have pillow top queens. Pet friendly.

Most important is that management takes pride in their property. Super clean!

If you book it through yelp you get to talk to the front desk. And you will save $10.00

• Stayed August 2012
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Two stays - three cleans! Yes we do take pride in our property. Thank you for sharing your find and we look forward to your third stay. - David
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

It was clean, affordable, wonderful staff. Donna was very helpful on the phone at 3am and in person at 4:30am. It was late and we needed somewhere to stop that was pet friendly. Highly recommend. Price was good. Beds were very comfortable. Coffee pot in the room made a excellent single cup of coffee.

• Stayed August 2012
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
It is great to feel welcomed at 4am! Donna does a great job at taking care of our late night travelers. Thank you for recommending us to fellow travelers along I-80. - David
Petersburg, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed 8/19/12. Nicer than other Econolodges we've stayed in. Reasonably clean, decent breakfast. Very helpful & friendly staff.

Could use some refreshing: Bed sank a little; bathroom shower head was at shoulder height (I am 6'2"), toilet seemed small; TP very rough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing. We are working on raising our shower heads and upgrading them this fall. Our mattresses are top of the line residential pillow top queen mattresses and not very old. It is our goal to offer our guests a great night at a great value, and I apologize that we were not able to meet your standards. At the same time, I do appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and hopefully the next time you are through we will be able to deliver the quality of stay that you've come to expect. - David

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!