“No wonder they are #1!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
wnsheather
“No wonder they are #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

After many trips through Kearney and getting overpriced hotels, bad service, shady hotels and lack of cleanliness I trusted my fellow Trip Advisors and went with this quaint hotel right off the interstate. Service was prompt and efficient. I have to be honest I was shocked at the cleanliness compared to other hotels in the area. It was clean and inviting and a great lobby to walk into. I felt safe with the only elevators through the lobby. The room was also just as clean although I agree with other reviews that the deodorizer/cleaner fragrance really hits you when you open the door to your room. The room was clean and reminded me of great hotels I have stayed in as I travel through Europe. It is nothing fancy but a nice place to spend the night.
Internet access was consistent and high speed at no extra charge. All major TV channels available on nice big flat screen flat screen. Other guests were business travelers or families finishing summer travels.
I travel through Kearney frequently so I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
GenaralManager, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for the stay at our Microtel in Kearney and the comments. Trip Advisor has also been a friend to us. We will continue to work on the fragrance issue and hopefully your next stop in Kearneywill be even better. Thanks again and we hope to see you at Microtel Inn & Suites again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I picked this hotel for its non-smoking policy and the positve reviews on TripAdvisor. It lives up to all the good things said about it. The rooms are gorgeous. They look like a cruise ship with the built in wood cabinets and wall of mirrors on one side. The carpet and drapes are done in a high-style fashion.

There are a few drawbacks. They don't have a separate room for the ice and soda machines so they sit loudly in the hall by the elevator. I would remove them and just use the ones on the first floor.

Also there are no sheer drapes so the room is either completely dark or not private. For some reason Hampton Inn still doesn't use sheers either but most otehr chains do.

I would also prefer that they not spray the rooms with "room freshener". For people like me that are allergic to this it makes for some foul air.

Other than that the place was great. I had never stayed at a Microtel before but now I will put them on my list.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
GenaralManager, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thanks for choosing Microtel and our hotel. TripAdvisor and the positve reviews are important to us, just like the rest of your comments. Were glad to be on your list.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is the first time my family and I have stayed at a Microtelinn. We stopped here as it was our half way point to Denver. We were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay here again if it it brings us to Denver. The room was a bit small but very clean and a nice flat screen TV. The breakfast was great. I had a waffle and my husband and son had sausage, eggs, and muffins. All of the staff we encountered was very friendly and it was a quiet hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for the "Clean and Great" comments and choosing Microtel. Stop and visit our hotel on you next trip between Denver and home.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I've never stayed in a Microtel before, but having read the reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to give it a shot on a recent road trip. I was not disappointed. I would normally expect to spend about twice what I paid for a hotel of this quality. The rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet, and the employees were extremely friendly. The only negative thing I could write/ask is: Why are there so many mirrors in the room?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
GenaralManager, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
"Great Value" thanks for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites Kearney and using Trip Advisor to help find us. Thanks for wonderful comments. Mirrors are required. We look forward to seeing you on you next stop in Kearney.
Ft. Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Traveling with our 10 year old grandaughter for a family reunion in the Midwest was an adventure in suite hotels! We stayed in four hotels in five nights. This one was her favorite. It was new, off the road and very quiet for us, The room was small but the decor was a great surprise. The furnishings are scaled to the room, almost European. Great fun colors. Our grandaughter loved it. There was a divider between the bed and the sleeper, so even though there were not two separate rooms, there was still a sense of separation. The price was so reasonable and the staff very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was adequate. Great hotel surprise in Kearney, NE! Very nice and new, clean and comfy for very little money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
GenaralManager, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
"Great surprise in Kearney" thanks for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. I hope your reunion went as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next travel in the Midwest.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Good things come in small packages. This was one of the best motels on our 17 day motorcycle excursion. There are several resturants within walking distance, and a convenience store/gas station nearby. The best surprise was the hot breakfast, we were expecting only cereal and muffins, but there were scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles available. Absolutely, absolutely recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
GenaralManager, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Thanks for taking the time for the review. Surprise's come in all sizes. "Great Value" thanks again and hope to see you on your next excursion through Nebraska.
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The first thing I noticed was that the General Manager was "hands on", friendly, and genuinely interested in making sure we were comfortable and satisfied with our stay. I agree with all the positive comments here. Yes the rooms are a little small, but not "micro" as the name implies. We found them to be just fine and efficiently laid out. As others have said, the price was great for such a nice new facility. The only thing I would say on the negative side is that the walls are just a little thin, but not so thin that I would not stay here. There is a concrete sidewalk just outside the hotel that leads to a great scenic walking path along a creek and around the town's park areas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
"Stopover", thanks for taking the time for the review and the comments. Look forward to seeing you on you next crossing Nebraska trip.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney? Share your experiences!