“My Second H0me? Moana Lodge! in Plimmert0n ;)” 5 of 5 stars

You added Moana Lodge to your Saves list
Moana Lodge
49 Moana Road, Plimmerton, Porirua 5247, New Zealand   |
New Zealand
“My Second H0me? Moana Lodge! in Plimmert0n ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed almost 4 weeks at Moana Lodge, while discovering the Wellington area.
It is a 20 minute drive to Wellington. Idearly located near to the city. Beautiful quiet place within a calm realaxing environment.
Seriously, who does not like to stay in totally clean rooms, in a tidy nice equipped kitchen, surrounded by kind people [Hey Danny ;) ] .And the best Backpackers in New Zealand!! Just 10 steps to the beach!
I loved to cruse the streets with my longboard around Moana Lodge, rolling at heaven's place ;).

Honestly this is an amazing place!!
Next time i come to Wellington i definetly come back to Moana Lodge!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachViews49, Front Office Manager at Moana Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We are glad you liked the scenery and the service. We look forward to seeing you again....with your longboard in tow!

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

It really was nearly a home to me. You could see the sun set from the lounge and the hills from the kitchen. Here are some beautiful walking tracks around this area and wellington is close. One step out of the door and you are directly on the beautiful beach. I enjoyed my stay pretty much! The staff is lovely and very competent. Only the best are working their. Everything is clean and tidy especially the kitchen which is absolutely amazing. You've got everything you need even a dishwasher! The rooms are cute and if you've got a little luck you get one ocean-side.
And one tip for couples: book room number 14, an own house perfect for being alone when you dont want to meet the other people (which are always nice and handsome- after my experience).
If you want to be in the best hostel in new zealand - go their!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and value your comments. Room 14 is indeed a wee gem elevated with a beautiful view and plenty of sunshine. We work hard to keep things clean and tidy so it's lovely to get positive feedback on our facilities and staff.
Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future!
Heide, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Moana Lodge is much more than a hostel, it's a five star backpackers accomodation that is definetely worth a visit. You will be absolutely blown away by the breathtaking oceanview just in front of your window. Shortly after entering this inviting accomodation it will feel like home already. You will notice the love and attention to detail in every single room as well as in the rest of the building. The toilets and bathrooms are very clean and modern. You can enjoy your meal in the beautiful dining room and make yourself feel comfortable in the lounge afterwards. Me and my boyfriend loved this place and I will definetely be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Rebekka,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities...not to mention that beautiful view! We hope you will visit us again soon.
All the best for your travels.
From the team at Moana Lodge.
Morrinsville, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I wanted to thank Danny and his staff for such an awesome experience during my 4 nights with you. We used the lodge as a base while attending a block course at Whitireia, the close proximity to the Polytechnic insured we didn't have to leave to early. At the end of the day, the lounge was a great place to relax, study and enjoy the magnificent views.
Moana lodge is immaculately presented with the rooms clean & warm and very comfortable beds. The kitchen is well stocked with every possible utensil needed which made cooking meals a breeze.
Most defiantly looking forward to my next stay in 4 weeks

Thanks Danny & Staff

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
BeachViews49, Owner at Moana Lodge, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you Lisa for your very positive comments. We are pleased you and your colleges all enjoyed a pleasant stay at Moana Lodge. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this hostel for a week in July. My impression of the staff members, including Danny were very pleasant. They were friendly, approachable and made an effort to resolve my queries. For example, when I lost my free internet vouchers, I received replacement ones with no qualms nor quarrels. Furthermore, I was particularly impressed by the bedrooms, because some beds in my room were traditional beds instead of bunk beds and I could hear the sound of the waves when I woke up.

I was particularly impressed by the amount of free 'goodies' that were supplied by the hostel that other hostels may charge for as extras; free duvet, free towel, free internet vouchers and free bathroom body wash. I didn't even have washing powder but Danny gave me some for free.

Overall, an exemplary experience by exemplary staff and an exemplary location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
BeachViews49, Owner at Moana Lodge, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback which allows us to know we are achieving and a high standard of service and hospitality for our guests during their stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived at the lodge during sunset and the views were just spectacular! Danny was wonderful when he checked us in, he was very friendly and informative, the lodges is beautiful.

The kitchen is huge and well equipped. The dining room is large and the lounge room has amazing views of the ocean and the mountains.

We stayed in a private double and the view from our room was amazing we didn't want to shut the curtains while we were sleeping! It was nice to lay in bed with the electric blanket on and listen to the waves. Room was clean, towels were provided. Free wifi was also a bonus. And the rooms are a reasonable price.

Not too far from Wellington is also a great aspect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Classy2010, Owner at Moana Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Rachael, thank you for your feedback and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. And glad you liked our guests kitchen. We loved having you stay and look forward to seeing you again if you are back in Wellington.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow. I received a super-friendly welcome by Danny and detailed information about the city and Wellington. He booked me into a huge room facing the ocean. The complete house was spotless and there was attention to detail, e.g. all toilets had a specific color scheme, hair dryers were offered etc.

The kitchen was PERFECT with all the utensils you need. All clean and well maintained, a real jewel. Dish washer. Max 30 min to Welli by car. Guest ages ranged from a baby to an 80 yrs old couple, which I thought was a cool mix and proof that all ages love the lodge!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Classy2010, Owner at Moana Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. And glad you enjoyed our great kitchen facilities. Thank you for taking your time to provide this review.

Been to Moana Lodge? Share your experiences!