“Not good for many reasons.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Hastings

You added Howard Johnson Hastings to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Hastings
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2205 Osborne Drive East, Hastings, NE 68901 (Formerly Hastings Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Hastings
“Not good for many reasons.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed here in July 2014.
The service was good, I didn't like that one of the desk people always went to the gas station for food and drink on her shift, and so usually wasn't around when we needed things.
The room and pool were very bad. Whenever the ice machine over our room turned on, it would drip down through the ceiling and onto our once-sleeping faces.
The pool took 3 days to clean, and it still didn't look any cleaner. The pillows were lumpy and the sheets had stains on them.
You can tell the hotel was once very beautiful, but it is just outdated and out of shape now. It has potential though.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

The room was fine, bathroom acceptable and TV worked. No wake up calls able to be made but I was never told when asking for one. I set up a backup alarm to my benefit. The phones did not allow a call to the from desk. The room did not allow the door to be latched and locked as some of the locking pieces were missing.

Walking to the front desk was fine but the front desk personnel had different answers for every problem and some of the front employees ignored people waiting.

Room Tip: Stay in Grand Island and drive the 20 miles to Hastings
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

The staff cleaned the rooms every other day, you always had to ask for towels. The toilet was linking water the entire time I was there. At end of my stay asked me I wanted to changes rooms because of the toilet linking, I said No. It had been linking for 3 months why now. Plus the cable went out for a month. My job changed hotels.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014 via mobile

To start, when we were pulling up to the hotel, I thought it was closed at first look, weeds over grown everything!! Flower pots with DEAD flowers. When we walked in your hit with a wall of humid heat!! (which at breakfast times melts the chocolet on the donuts and keeps the milk and juice nice and warm) we got our room keys was sent around the back of the hotel where I was not give good instructions to get to my door. Ended up opening 4 others before I got to my hallway door. The outside door lock to the hotel was broke the halls were dirty, the hand railing was caked with sticky black stuff, my key did not work in my room door, we got new ones however it was found to be the swiped on the door, my room had 2 double size beds that I'm still debating weather they were clean or not. I asked for new bedding. The bed was to small for my children to sleep in together ( would of if I'd gotten queen beds like I asked for) the shower was super hot steamed out the bathroom. The room smelled horrible. As I walked to get ice and use laundry room I noticed there was carpeted ding in some areas and the lundry room was so dirty I did NOT use them. The ice machine out of order and from what other guests were saying had been for some time. Went to the pool where it was ice cold and the hot tub was not working wich I had asked about in my call to reservie the room. In a letter the general manager wrote to me stated that the jets were broken and it would cost 20,000. And they felt a warm bath was better for their guests. The front desk girls were polite but seemed over their head dealing with the guest complaints. When I brought the issues to the hotel the manager was rude and not apologetic but made many reasons why things were the way they were and told me because I had a bed, shower and tv that I'd get no discount. I called customer service and talked to them. The gm then replied to me saying he'd discount back $10.00. I paid 240.00 for 2 nights!!!!! I was angry to say the least. I was not able to reach Howard Johnson's corporate office the number was discounted. I called other Ho Jo's looking for number but all 4 could not help me. I finally call the chain owner of Howard Johnson (Wydham) finally I got an apologi and a refund for one night. I will never stay at a Howard Johnson again the whole company is a joke!!!! The hasting hotel schould be plowed over to start anew. I as well contacted to helth inspector about the food serving areas temp. He let me know he had already shut down the restaurant in the hotel. I as well called the fire marshal because there was no fire exit info in my room. I will now call the better Business bureau!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Hastings
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The employees were nice. However the facility is in need of repairs and renovations. It is unethical to say you have a pool and hot tub, but neither work correctly. The pool was ice cold and the hot tub's jets did not work. They ran out of towels for the pool and for our room. It was good to call to advise that the cable was out of service, but while on the phone they should have told us about the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Hastings? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hastings

Address: 2205 Osborne Drive East, Hastings, NE 68901 (Formerly Hastings Hotel & Convention Center)
Location: United States > Nebraska > Hastings
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hastings 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Hastings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Hotel And Convention Center
Quality Inn Hastings

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hastings, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.