“Best staff ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ospringe
London, United Kingdom
“Best staff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had to find somewhere close by to my sister in Faversham over Christmas at late notice. I was SO lucky to come across Judds Folly - I arrived on Christmas Eve after a terrible train journey. I was met outside by one of the staff, carrying an umbrella to put over me and picked my bags in his other hand telling me there would be a drink for me waiting as soon as I had setttled into my room. He carried everything round to the Old Courtyard where my room was,chatting and making me feel very at home.
My room was warm, spotless and a bowl of tangerines and a box of choclate biscuits had been left on the table beside the bed.
Breakfast was buffet style for starters - lots of delicious additions to a a huge variety of cereals such as nuts,sunflower seeds, apricots, dates, prunes etc - then the cooked breakfast if you could fit it in! (all included in the price of the room) with as much good coffee/ tea as you like.
Table cloth bright white and laid out beautifully. My cooked breakfast (with vegetarian option) served by a lady so friendly and efficient I thought this must be a 5 star hotel.
I will DEFINITELY stay here again. Thank you to Judds Folly for such a fantastic Christmas stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
dover kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here one night after our 'gangs annual Christmas Dinner and party' excellent venue and atmosphere even though the weather was atrocious. Food was good with a well organised delivery to table considering there was 13 of us...

Disco after was very good, kept us all on our toes(so to speak) until bar closed and all dispersed to various homes or in my case room.

Room was clean and comfortable just what was needed after a 'few' pints!!

Breakfast, nice choice well presented just right to start the trip home.

Room Tip: make sure you get the room you booked....
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent a night there with our special needs granddaughter and had requested a bath rather than a shower. Not only did we get a bath...we found a family of plastic ducks waiting for us....that made our granddaughters day!! The room was enormous and well furnished, very warm and inviting. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and we will definitely stay there again when we visit friends.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room at the back of the hotel. You could reach it through reception or through the c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I chose this hotel from the Internet for a sad occasion, my uncle's wake, and the staff, service, location and general attention to detail couldn't have been better. We stayed in the 'motel' rooms which, as the hotel website itself says, are spotlessly clean and as another reviewer remarks 'are cosy, bright...and warmer than expected'. We ate in the restaurant and had a private buffet, all the food was excellent and the whole experience left me thinking that one day I will go back for a happier occasion. Thank you to Jason and his tea.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We spent two nights at the hotel early in December while visiting my partner's family in Faversham. The hotel was perfect for our stay. Our room - one of the 'motel' rooms just along from the main entrance - was lovely; cozy, bright,clean and warmer than I might have expected, given that we were on the end of the block. The shower room was spotless. We slept incredibly well and, once we opened the lovely thick curtains in the morning, we were treated to spectacular winter sunrises over the surrounding misty fields and parkland. It was so much better than the characterless identikit hotel on the A2 where we've stayed before - and an awful lot quieter too! We didn't try the bar or restaurant on this visit, but the breakfasts were delicious, with a wide choice of cereals, breads, fruit, juices and yoghurts, plus a generous freshly-cooked full English, which more than kept us going until lunch. Thanks to Jason and all the staff for a great stay. I'm sure we'll be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights B&B whilst visiting our family who live within 5 minutes of this hotel. I am having problems sleeping at present so we decided to stay at a hotel in a twin room but close to our family and this fit the bill nicely. We had a chalet room which was not actually inside the hotel but was very nice indeed with adequate facilities and was very clean. My husband is a smoker so this was a bonus for him as all he had to do was just step outside the door for a cigarette. We had breakfast in the hotel which was a very short walk from our room and the breakfast was really good with plenty of choice. We found all the staff that we came into contact with were very pleasant and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 2 which is at the front and you can actually park your car in front of your...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Arrived a bit too late to eat there but good impression of staff. Rooms warm and cosy (if you see my other reviews you will know warmth is really important to me in a hotel.. ) Only fault really was the TV switching itself on at 7am but I was awake anyway.. (no, I hadn't set it myself by mistake!). We like early breakfasts, which they start at 8 on a Saturday, but told us staff would be around earlier than that.. and yes, a lady welcomed us at least half an hour earlier with hot coffee/toast etc so happy happy. Reminded me of Irish hotels where breakfasts supposedly finished at 10 yet people wandered in at 11.30 and were happily served 'Full Irish' while lunches were being prepared. Will stay at Judd's again and hopefully able to comment on dinner next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Judd's Folly Hotel? Share your experiences!