“Fantastic Sunday Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1270 526317
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Warmingham
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cheshire
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My new favourite place for Sunday lunch. Although they had run out of beef (my preffered choice) I decided to go with the roast pork. I'm so glad I did. The food was well cooked and presented beautifully. Amazing value and we will most definately go back.

The childrens menu was also very good. Good size portions and very tasty.

See you again soon!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fresh berries or maybe not!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We used to eat here a few years ago and since then its changed ownership several times and has been revamped twice (before and after a fire) so after a lot of expense the setting and layout of the pub is nice.

My main course was the fish pie which was ok, my wife had a lamb dish which was tasteless and came with no accompanying vegetables which would normally be expected with such a meal, the waiter advised us that both mains would be "large" well maybe he should go to The Legs of Man at Arclid and I'd be interested to hear how he describes their portions!

The desserts here are way overpriced with £5.75-£6.50 being the typical price range and for that you get an average slice of average cheesecake or in my wife's case a lemon tart that was advertised a being served with "fresh berries", the reality was she got ONE cut in half strawberry!
I used a diners discount card which softened the blow slighty as the full price bill would have been extremely poor value, The Bear's Paw maybe in Cheshire but its not in Alderley Edge,Knutsford or Wilmslow and there is in fact better value to be had there!
On this evidence maybe It will be another 7 years until we return to eat in Warmingham.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best Sunday lunch around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Recently ate here for Sunday lunch with my partner and have to say it was faultless, I have eaten here many times but never reviewed before, it's always been good but then for the price you pay and staff they have it should be, but this time it was exceptional, being a chef myself and not working Sundays I travel cheshire in search of a great Sunday lunch. Having eaten in nearly every place worthy of visiting locally I have to say the bears paw comes out tops, even compared to their other establishments. So well done to the team there and please keep up the excellent work so I know I can return with faith.

Visited September 2013
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We have visited The Bear's Paw on a few occasions now, and have never been disappointed. This weekend we visited with friends who had never eaten here before and they loved it and can't wait to return!
From starters to desserts the menu caters for a variety of tastes with a few 'static' favourites, one of which, the steak stone, I had, and it was fab!
The decor and the atmosphere here is great too. I honestly can't recommend it enough, most definitely one of our favourite places to eat. :o)

Visited October 2013
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to spend a few nights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here recently as a treat for my husbands parents. We received a very warm welcome, the rooms we stayed in were fabulous, the ambience of the place was very relaxing in spite of it being a very busy place. The food was delicious and staff very helpful! My only negative was that although a dog lover myself I'm not sure about dogs in the dining room at breakfast time....