“Floral Fragrance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Gretna
Flushing, New York
“Floral Fragrance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Unfortunatelty the room I was in smelled terribly of floral cleaning products. Recent research has shown that 30% of the population is allergic to these scented products and unfortunately I am one of those. As I get headaches from breathing these scents in. The air of a room should be clean and NOT smell clean. Air if its clean shouldn't smell at all. If they would stop using these products it would be a great property as its relatively new, great beds, clean, modern, easy access from I-80, nice breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for telling us of your concerns. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible and we are addressing this with our housekeeping staff. If you do not mind, please call me when you are making reservations for a future stay to discuss this issue.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pella
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked 2 of the last 8 rooms available for last weekend. In spite of the full house, the hotel and rooms were clean. They even had ample parking to support the hotel when full which we appreciated. Only downside was there wasn't much variety for breakfast and what was "just Ok". Their pancake maker was broke both days which caused frustration for both the staff and guests. They'd fix it and someone would try to make pancakes only to have it not work.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Denise,

My apologies for the pancake machine having so many problems during your stay. The manufacturer had a defect in the belts used for the machine and that situation has been corrected. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the other choices for breakfast, we rotate our meat products, bacon, sausage links, and sausage patties and eggs, scrambled and omelets. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to discuss any of these issues with you. Thank you again.
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay after game. Breakfast ran out of foodies only draw back. Easy accessability. I would stay here again after or before a game, as it is a lot more reasonable than the hotels in Lincoln.

• Stayed September 2012
hotelmngmt, hotelmngmt at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Ativan1

We are glad that you chose our hotel for your stay. I'm sad to hear that there was a problem at breakfast. We will take care of that issue immediately. Please call me when you return to town and we will see that you get a suite upgrade. Go Huskers and we will see you soon.
Odessa, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

As my job requires me to travel quite often, you remeber the hotels that treat you like a welcomed visitor. The Holiday Inn Express in Gretna, NE is one of my favorites. You could not ask for friendlier staff. When I walked in Stephanie, the young lady who checked my in, called me by name. It was a very welcomed greeting. I have only stayed at this hotel twice before, the fact that Stephanie remembered me meant a lot to me. I have never experienced any problems with this Holiday Inn although I have less than pleasent stays in other Holiday Inns. The pool is always well taken care and my room is always extremely clean and ready for me to get to work. The only suggestion that I would have for all Holiday Inns is change your menu. Where you stay with Holidqy Inn the breakfast will be the same. Pretty small complaint for the service I receive.

Thanks Stephanie

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel face a parking lot for Walmart but since it is in the rear of Wal...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Larry,

I agree, Stephanie is fantastic. We appreciate your comments about the pool. We take great pride in our facilities and thank you so very much for your comments. We will see you soon!!
Derby, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I stayed there this weekend. It's a really nice facility, but the pool area is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The tile on the floor all around the pool was EXTREMELY slippery. My 6 year old slipped on the floor while walking. Luckily, he was wearing his life jacket that we brought from home and that absorbed most of the fall. The next night, I fell as soon as I got out of the pool and landed on my side. My left hip, left shoulder, and pride (thanks to witnesses and surveillance coverage) are still a little sore a day later. My husband inquired at the front desk and apparently this is a FREQUENT complaint. Either the wrong tile was used or there isn't proper ventilation in the pool area...IDK I'm not the expert, but something is WRONG! I'm not sure what type of injury has to occur in order for the hotel to correct the problem, but it needs to be done SOON!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear E Jones
I'm very sorry to here about what happened in our pool area. I just want to let you know that we have already been in the process of having a new product put down on our pool decking and it should be arriving very soon. Again, I certainly want to apologize again and let you know that the safety of our guests is very important to us.
Murray, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stopped in at this hotel on our drive across the country, primarily because they allowed pets. We had several pets that needed rest for the day and this hotel didn't disappoint.

The hotel was clean and check in was painless. We paid close to $110 for the night, plus $25 per pet -- so housing our multiple pets wasn't cheap. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had ample space and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner worked and overall we had no major complaints about the room.

The breakfast in the morning was actually pretty decent -- although it appeared the pancake machine wasn't working. But there were donuts, eggs, coffee and juice -- plenty to make a meal out of. They were pretty good about refilling items when they were getting low as well.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. Although pricey, it is clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

All I have to say is that we stayed for a few days and the first day my cousin, and son both fell and hit their head on the slick pool surface because of the tile they put in the area. Then my mother in law fell on the wet tile in the pool area the next day. I asked to submit a report/incident report and the manager just gave me the excuse that the pool guy said it was fine. She did not take an incident report but gave me a piece of paper and pen.
What ever you do try not to stay in ROOM 122 on the first floor. You hear ALL of the Lobby noise, and worse of all you hear the "bing" of the elevator door opening, and the sound of the elevator going up and down all night long! TERRIBLE ROOM! If you can avoid staying there I would stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 122 or on the first floor. You will hear everyting!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you Alan for taking the time to speak with me about your concerns via phone,as mentioned I did not know of your other relatives that fell. You asked for a pen and paper to write a letter to our corporate office, but even though I did not receive it, your information was communicated to our corporate office that afternoon. And also the elevator company came out and that loud "ding" of the elevator is now a very quiet "ding". Again, thank you for your communication with these issues and I want you to know that the safety of our guests is very important to all of us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!