“FANTASTICK!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Grand Island

You added Travelodge Grand Island to your Saves list
Travelodge Grand Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1311 S. Locust, Locust St & Fonner Rd., Grand Island, NE 68801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Grand Island
Dennis
“FANTASTICK!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was very impressed with our WHOLE experience!! Staff was friendly. Room was great. Will stay there if ever in the area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

randy s, General Manager at Travelodge Grand Island, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Pleased to hear your stay went well. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Located across the parking lot from a 24-hour restaurant (which was pretty good), I was a little worried that this hotel seemed to be in a not-so-great part of town, but that was unfounded. The hotel was clean, the staff were nice and I got a nice meal. Everything worked and I had no problems. Don't think I'd want to stay more than one night, though. If you're passing through town, this is a good option.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
randy s, General Manager at Travelodge Grand Island, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Glad to hear your overall stay was good. We are in a good
part of town.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow what can I say this hotel needs some new employees! I checked the rating before I booked and I was let down. We were checked in by a gentleman- EVEN THOUGH A MANGER REPLIED TO ANOTHER POST STATING THERE WERE NO GUYS WORKING THE DESK- this guy didnt have a clue what he was doing. He was very nice had thinning blonde hair, glasses, and no name tag he was wearing jeans and a tshirt so I thought he had to be new or something. He was the nicest person that worked here, all of the women we came across were RUDE!!!!! Hotel is small and older had a funny smell. The guest computer didnt work properly and asking for help was like I was in the wrong!!! Price was not worth putting up with the staff! I too was charged DOUBLE my bank assured me they can fix the issue if this hotel doesnt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ladyautodr, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Grand Island, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
The gentleman you speak of is another member of our management team. He was assisting a newer team member become acquainted with the front desk duties. The training and critiquing of desk, housekeeping, and even management is constantly monitored and recorded.

The desk clerks are especially trained in diplomacy, courtesy, and guest relations. We have a microphone to capture the conversations that take place at the desk as well as in the nearby vincinity. The camera located in the right corner behind the desk records the actions of both guest and clerk. The microphone and camera are 24-hour continuous recording devices. Please provide more specific details as to the rudeness the ladies exhibited so that management may address.

The guest computer is Wi-Fi connected and is invariably going to have it glitches that at times prevent a internet connection. I personally apologize for any statement that I may have given that was construed as any wrongdoing on your part. I am unable to re-establish a internet connection beyond resetting the servers/modem. A phone call the following business day was made and the problem rectified.

The two "charges" you see in your financial statement are actually two different items. One is a pre-authorization. This pre-authorization is made the morning prior to your arrival to ensure that it is indeed a valid credit card that has the total stay amount available. The pre-authorization does drop from your statement. The time it takes to be removed is dependent upon your financial institution. The second amount is the total amount that is actually taken by the hotel for any charges including room, taxes, etc.
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend for one night and will never stay here again. The front desk person was on the phone the whole time I was checking in did not say one word to me or anything, very unfriendly as well as rude. Than I went to my room and I got one right on top of Locust Street and it was super noisy all night long the only way I could get rid of the noise was to keep the a/c running all night long. The free Continental breakfast? what breakfast? I had biscuits and gravy and they were disgusting I did not finish them and than about an hour later I had to throw up and because the gravy or something was not hot enough.The parking lot was super small and not very well lit at all. This is also not a very nice part of town. There is not pool or hot tub in this dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ladyautodr, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Grand Island, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
I apologize that our desk clerk was not astute to your wants/needs. We strive to provide excellent service to ALL our guests. During the summer we do get a steady stream of calls on the business line. Did the clerk at least, acknowledge that you were in the lobby? If so, she was MORE than willing to assist you when the call was completed.

This past weekend the 13th - 15th of July our hotel was full. We attempt to place guests in rooms of their desire should availability allow it. These requests are on a first come, first serve basis. We do not have control over the amount of traffic on one of the main throughfares in Grand Island, NE.

Our continental breakfast is from 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. We initially stock it with the following:

Cereal (Frosted flakes & Raisin Bran)
Mini-Muffins (Blueberry/Banana Nut)
Sliced bread for toast
Milk
Juice (apple & orange)
Coffee (regular & decaf)

We do also have a microwave for guest use. The microwave would probably have helped your situation with either the gravy or the biscuits not being to the temperature that you desire for your enjoyment.

We have sufficient parking as well as truck parking that the hotel shares with the restaurant next door. It is also not only VERY well lit we also have security cameras that cover MOST of it.

We do offer 2 individual rooms that have hot tubs. These 2 seperate rooms are "premium" rooms that we have available. Although we do not have a pool on the property we do have a water park approximately 2 blocks behind us, "Island Oasis."

Please define a "nice" part of town. The community has come together to better the South Locust corridor with lighting, greenscape, widening of the road, removal of unnecessary billboards, and on holidays banners are displayed to coordinate.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean rooms.... Quiet . Really good Breakfast and the staff was very nice & helpful. AC worked perfect, & not 2 but 3 pillows on the bed... comfy quiet place to lay your head after being on the road. Not a "destination vacation place" but for the price, definitely on my list of places to stay while on the road!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Auburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was a little weary when I went to check in and there was a man complaining he had been double charged. The guy at the desk told him the bank just had a hold on the extra chargers they would be credited back in a few days. The man then said it had been two weeks! During our stay about % people came in with the same story.
We were visiting Fonner park for a national youth event and were staying the whole week. I checked in and was sent to a dirty room. I had to stop the maid who was down the hall and ask about our room. (We had traveled all night and day with a servce dog and a special needs child so we were ready to rest.) She said she would get it done. We waited in the lobby for almost an hour it still wasnt clean. Finally we put some things in the dirty room and went to the park.
At the end of the week my child got sick and threw up in the bed. It was 3AM so i took the shhets in a laundry bag to the front desk. The lady wrote a note on the dirty sheets and gave me clean ones. The sheets sat in the room the next three days!
To make a long story short I have an additional $200 charged to my debit card! The owner who will only call me on his personal cell phone said its for cleaning the carpet and replacing sheets. I find it hard to believe a sick child caused $200 worth of damage!!!! Yes a child throwing up is gross but its life. I even went to Walmart and bought Lysol and 409 for the room and carpet.
In addition to the $200 I also have been charged DOUBLE but they said not to worry those charges willl go away in a "few days".

Room Tip: Be very careful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
At what time did you see a guy working the desk?

My last recollection of the desk team members we did NOT have a guy working behind the desk.

At what time DID you check-in?

Our policy is that check-in starts at 2 p.m. While understandably your wait was inconvenient the check-in time is to allow our maids to sufficiently clean the rooms that were occupied previously. Stopping and asking a maid about the timing of a clean room just delayed her even longer from accomplishing her objective.

Sheets to the front desk than sat in your room?

Why would you take dirty sheets to the desk, which is staffed 24-hours, and return the soild laundry back to your room after the clerk wrote a note. The logical thinking would be to leave the soiled with the clerk and gratefully accept the fresh ones.

The three days the sheets stayed in room was due to a lack of access. Had you granted access the laundry bag of soiled linens would have been removed.

When you did depart the room was inspected. In the inspection it was found that dog urine & fecal matter was in the carpeting & bedding. It is difficult to imagine that a child, does not know the location to relieve themselves. A child that the desk staff was not made aware of nor saw in your company.

The 10 - 15 dollars you spent to clean what little of the mess you tried is meager. We were charged a GREAT deal more. The room was removed from service for 3 days so that a through cleaning could be completed. We're still considering the replacement of the carpeting. We were able to clean the carpeting sufficiently so the room would be rentable. The total bill was significant more than the $200 you were charged. The final financial obligation for payment will be well over $800.00 when it is completed. You got a bargain at $200.00!
Clinton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

After staying the Regency Inn of Grand Island the previous night(avoid the place!!!!!!), this was a clean, safe, well kept place to sleep. We were in GI because our van broke down on our youth group trip to Colorado. The beds were soft and had clean sheets and soft pillows, the temperature was great in the room, and the bathroom was clean. We were stuck without our luggage, so we were able to get toiletries from the front desk. The staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was great! I strongly reccomend this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Grand Island? Share your experiences!