“Non-Smoking should mean Non-smoking” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Grand Island

You added Super 8 Grand Island to your Saves list
Super 8 Grand Island
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2603 South Locust Street, 3 Miles North of I-80 Exit 314, Grand Island, NE 68801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Grand Island
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Non-Smoking should mean Non-smoking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

As we arrived the 2 desk clerks on duty were standing outside smoking by the front door. We waited in the lobby for 5 min. before either of them decided to come help us. It took 20 mins. to check in because the phone was constantly ringing and they would stop helping us to answer the phone. We had 2 rooms, one for us and one for our 3 teens. When we made reservations we requested the rooms to be close so we could keep an eye on our teens. Our rooms were on different floors in different sections of the hotel. No where near each other. Our non-smoking room was filled with cigarette smoke and smelled as if someone just pooped in the bathroom. The desk clerks said the smell came from us and it didn't smell like smoke. They refused to refund our money claiming we had used the hotel room bathroom. Our teens took that room instead because I have an autoimmune disease that makes it impossible for me to be in a smoke filled room. Every time the airconditioner came on in that room it smelled as if someone was smoking. By the end of the night we had all 3 of kids sleeping on the floor in our hotel room. Also-we tried to take a swim in the hotel pool. It was so dirty and gross. As i walked down the pool steps my toe's became tangled with long thick black hairs that were floating in the pool. So Gross. Do not stay at this hotel! The desk clerk was very snarky the morning we checked out.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this Hotel! Non Smoking rooms filled with smoke. Disgusting and dirty! Desk Clerks...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed at this motel two years in a row. The rooms are clean, safe, and easy to park nearby. The continental breakfast was fine. Staff was helpful and courteous. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vacaville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It's interesting that I logged in here to complain about doing business with the staff and I see others have had problems with them too.

They screwed up the charges and blamed it on me until I told them I had a receipt for the charges they said I didn't pay!

There are too many competent, amiable people in the world to waste time with the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Grand Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Grand Island

Address: 2603 South Locust Street, 3 Miles North of I-80 Exit 314, Grand Island, NE 68801
Location: United States > Nebraska > Grand Island
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Grand Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Grand Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Grand Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Grand Island Hotel Grand Island
Super Eight Grand Island
Grand Island Super Eight
Grand Island Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Grand Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.