“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Grand Island
Phoenix
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night while traveling on business. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I had been told previously that hotel was just so-so. From the outside of the hotel I was a little worried. It appeared to be an older hotel. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. My room was actually very nice. It appears that the hotel was recently renovated. There was a slight upscale feel to the inside of the room. There was a clean feel to my room, and it was spacious for a standard room. There was tile and nice features throughout the room, including free Internet. Overall, I rank this hotel as above average. I paid a very reasonable room rate. I did get a chance to look at the pool area, and it looked very nice. Much nicer than I had expected. I recommend this hotel. I would like to mention a couple of negatives. The breakfast wasn't very good and I don't think the hotel has an elevator, although it is only two floors so it's not that bad.

• Liked — Value, Renovation
  • Disliked — Breakfast- Room Service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

We stayed in six hotels as part of a long road trip we were taking and I would have to say that this was my favourite of them all.

The staff were very friendly, cheerful and helpful.

The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. I slept like a log.

Although I didn't take advantage of it, the pool and hot tub both looked very inviting and well maintained.

The bar in the hotel was also a nice place to go and relax and the bartender was also very friendly and conversational.

I think the only minor little gripe I have would be that the room numbering was a bit confusing....but that might be more a reflection of me rather than the hotel !

• Liked — The room / The staff
  • Disliked — there is nothing not to like about this hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — stay here!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northbrook, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Grand Island for one night on August 10th on our way to Colorado for a vacation. We were very happy with the hotel. It is a few minutes (less than 10) off of the I-80 exit, but well worth the short drive.

The hotel is either newer or newly renovated, and very clean. The holidome features were great after a long day on the road. Front desk service was courteous, and helpful with restaurant recommendations.

The hotel was also a very good value, as the rate was less than $70.

A very good experience overall.

P.S. If you're looking for a nearby restaurant, try Uncle Ed's Steakhouse. The hotel recommended it, and we enjoyed it. My wife, one of my sons and I had the filet mignon, and it was excellent. My other son had the ribs, which were good as well. The bill was a little higher than what I expected for Grand Island ($100 for dinner for four with two drinks before tip), but I felt it was worth it.

• Liked — Value
  • Tips/Secrets — Try Uncle Ed's Steakhouse nearby!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

Very very clean, Friendly front desk clerks, Good food, Awesome pool area, Holidome which was a big plus, and "Wireless internet" which was a great bonus! Wonderful place to unwind after a long day of driving. Will return, if ever in the area again.
AWESOME!

• Stayed July 2006
Garland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

We've stayed at this hotel back in December 2004. It was nice and friendly with accomodating staff. Nice indoor pool area (from the Holidome days) along with restaurant and nice bar.

We stayed here again in June 2006 and WOW!, major rennovations! New carpeting and updated decor throughout the entire motel. Staff was still painting during our stay. During our recent stay, staff was extremely courteous and always greeted us with a "how are you sir?" or "Can I help you with something?". Our room had an entrance from the outside as well as the inside. The outside entrance made it very easy to unpack and load our vehicle.

Desk clerk gave us free drink coupons to Images, the motel bar which is a hopping place during happy hour! Didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked very nice and busy during operating hours.

Will definitely stay here again when in Grand Island.

• Stayed June 2006
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2006

We stay here quite a bit for business travel. They have always taken great care of us, and always try to make everything perfect. The rooms have recently been remodeled and I prefer the executive suites (king bed, mini fridge, & desk). This is the cleanest hotel in Grand Island and Sam at the front desk is wonderful! Also, be sure to become a Priority Club member and receive even more perks (milk & warm cookies delivered to your room in the evening). The hotel lounge (Images) is also fun on the weekends!

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown? Share your experiences!