“Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Grand Island
“Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Denver. The check in was very quick and the front desk personnel was friendly. Our room was clean and the double beds were very comfortable. Great pillows. The room was very quiet, and the location was nice--close to other town ammenities. We did not take advantage of the pool, restaurant or fun zone but this would be a great place to keep the kids occupied for a while. If you're near Grand Island and don't want to drive another couple of hours to the next major city, this is the perfect stop to make.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Weeping Water, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a great 3 night stay! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in, the ac worked great and the room had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet was great and the gals working in the restaurant were super nice! My daughter had tons of fun in the pool/rec area and we really enjoyed the whirlpool. The whole area was kept clean and well stocked with towels. I don't know what the reviews about the place being out-dated are about... I thought the place was very up to to date and modern. It was a bit of a maze, but we found our way around with no problems. The only issue we had was on the last morning, the person in the adjoining started blaring the TV at 5am, but we can't expect the hotel to control the rudeness of some people. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, away from the pool overlooking the north parking area. It was qui...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and help full people to solve all. Sometimes slow service at breakfast but good choice of healthy food! Rooms are great with wide choice of non payable movie channels. In 10 minutes down down or where ever you need to be in GI.

• Stayed July 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I attended a meeting my company was holding. A call the week of the meeting revealed they had our meeting on the wrong date. The morning of the meeting, they failed to have our registration desk set up, the ballroom was lacking AC and the speakers' mic kept malfunctioning. Response time was not rapid. Worse, i was assigned a room that was literally right outside the pool. There were about 30 teenagers having a great time in the (indoor)not what I wanted after a long drive and at about 8:30 p.m. I headed straight back to the desk to be told, sorry no, we can't move your room -- don't worry the pool closes at 10. So I cooled my heels in the bar drinking really bad coffee and working on my computer. I do credit the waitress, who was very attentive and pleasant. The room was a little shoddy but clean.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 120-128 if you want peace and quiet. If you want close proximity to the pool and its sea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MuelleA0, Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Linda,

It is so unfortunate that your experience at Midtown Holiday Inn did not meet the standards you expect nor what we set for ourselves. Midtown Holiday Inn hosts meetings here daily and seamless perform to the satisfaction of the client. When we make an error we do what ever possible to correct it and take steps to not let it happen again.
As a business traveler I can appreciate your desire to not be located by our family friendly pool. Being part of a rooming list from your meeting planner we were not made aware of any special request so I am sorry that we could not accommodate you upon arrival. If you can find time to email (midtown@gimidtown.com) regarding your coffee and unsatisfactory room comment it would benefit our ability to make necessary improvements for future guests.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your experience so that we may improve our overall guest satisfaction.

Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was recently in Grand Island for a wedding and was put up at the Holiday Inn Midtown. It was clean and had nice amenities in the room such as a microwave and fridge. It also had two sinks which was a plus. It seemed to be fairly quiet. I always pack a little fan to help with noise anyway. The beds and pillows were comfortable.

There was not anything fancy or special about this hotel that would draw me to it, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Of course, I didn't have to pay for it this time so maybe my view is skewed a bit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MuelleA0, Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the Midtown Holiday Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our sleeping rooms and noticed the extra amenities we have as a standard in every room of our hotel.

We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you're passing through Grand Island Nebraska.

Thanks again for your positive feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveled here for work although my company says I have to stay here as long as they are paying I will pay out of my own pocket to stay somewhere else.The lobby is about the only thing nice with this hotel the rooms are small and dark small bathrooms it had snowed while I was there had to wrap curtain around door knob just to stop the cold air from coming in.Still did not help.Had to have heat on 79 just to get it half way comfortable. Didn't try the food at bar.Although if you are priority club member you do get 3 free drinks a night Mon - Thurs.This place needs to freshen up. Will not stay here again.By the way the beds are terrible had a back ache for the 4 days I was there pillows are god awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MuelleA0, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I know you've been contacted by our General Manager regarding your stay and I hope you find that we genuinely care about the quality of stay all our guests have. To reiterate the message from our General Manager will will be replacing the mattress in the room you were in the night of your stay as it must have been missed when we put new mattresses in the hotel. Our pillow standard is scheduled to change within the next year so we are excited for that new technology of comfort!

Please feel free to contact the hotel if you have any further questions regarding your stay, we will be glad to accommodate you. Safe travels and I would appreciate the opportunity to earn back your loyalty the next time you travel to Grand Island, Nebraska
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

As a Holiday Inn Priority Club Platnium member and 50+ stays annually I've become quite familiar with the chain, and regrettably I don't give enough love to the majority of locations I've stayed that have been excellent. Unfortunately this place is no where near excellent, and I don't want previous reviews to fool the typical traveler, this place is circa 1970 with poor attempt at covering up it's age with cheap corner cutting updates. The ammeneties are horendous, with dark dirty dingy hallways and rooms, ceilings in the room are 8', beds are the worst I've ever had in any motel chain, the bathrooms are small and extremely dated, the gaps in the doors make even the slightest hallway noise loud, you'll no every time the neighbor gets up to use the water, I really can't find a good thing to say about this place, don't let the lobby vibes fool you, avoid at all costs. The HIE in town offers much better accommodations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MuelleA0, Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It is unfortunate you were not happy with your stay at our property. Yes, we are an older property but we proudly are ranked 2nd in the state of Nebraska among all full service Holiday Inns. I am sorry you did not experience the quality we are known for with your stay. I understand that everyone has a bed type they prefer and it is unfortunate that you found our beds uncomfortable. It is such an important part of your stay that we intentionally rotate our mattress inventory regularly and far exceed the minimum requirements for the Holiday Inn brand when purchasing mattresses. This past year we have extended the courtesy of allowing two guests to purchase mattresses from us because they liked them so much. Your bathroom is not one of our newest remodels and our owners invest in our property yearly for improvements and most recently have remodeled 30 of our bathrooms. When reviewing our hotels photos online, I see we have not posted a photo of our newly renovated bathrooms so potential guests can see the improvements made, this will be corrected immediately. Our hallways are all lit with florescent lighting so I appreciate you sharing the deficiency in that area. I will definitely meet with our engineering staff so they can correct any areas not well lit. I am glad to see that you enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Grand Island, our owners also own the Holiday Inn Express you speak well of in our review. Thank you for your time to rate our property it is important that we are made aware of concerns that the fresh eyes of a guest see so they can be corrected and improved on. I hope the next time you travel your experience is of excellent quality.

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Island-Midtown? Share your experiences!