“Get there early” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Grand Island
Boonville, Missouri
“Get there early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was our halfway stop on the trip back to the Midwest. We selected it because we didn't want to drive up into Grand Island or continue onto York. The hotel is fine but we got there at 7:55 pm and the restaurant closed at 8:00 so we had to find someplace else for dinner. That seemed a little odd but it is on the interestate and not near the city so perhaps it makes financial sense to them. The desk clerk was very friendly and informative and there was a hot breakfast special for 1.99 which was excellent and perfect to get us to our final destination. We'd stop again if Grand Island turned out to be the halfway point.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were traveling to Boulder and it was 12:45 am and stopped at the Quality Inn in Grand Island, thinking they had the continental breakfast or buffet like many do. They did NOT, they have a restaurant on site at this location so they don't offer breakfast or a discount even. They had 4 cars at this motel so they were not getting much business and they wanted $90. for one room. So we called Quality Inn in Kearney the same room with a King $68. and included breakfast 30 miles west. We had stayed at this motel before when it was a Holiday Inn, but now is a Quality Inn drive a little further and save!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
daysinni80, Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
We do not offer a free breakfast as the hotel has a full service restaurant. Our restaurant does offer some low priced specials for breakfast and a great price on the dinner buffet. Mel Wichman, GM
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were on a bike and it was about 110 out, we were hot and tired and the staff saw us coming and were so friendly. As we checked in, one of the staff ran to our room to make sure the air was up so we could cool down. We ate in the bar, the bartender was very friendly and very quick and the food was wonderful. Everyone there seemed to enjoy their job which we notice. That always says something about the management and hotel quality. The beds are very comfortably and the room is spotless. Definitely would stop when traveling again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is a very clean pleasant motel to stay in. The room was large & the beds were super comfortable. The staff were super friendly. There was a very nice buffet, & good. They offer
with your stay, an egg breakfast for $1.99, also very nice & made just perfect. The service
is excellent. The dining room has tables & booths & they get very busy. There is also an excellent gift shop. An Arby's & a liquor store are on the property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

My car got stuck in a snow storm and the State Patrol dropped me off at this hotel. The staff was very pleasant the hotel was very clean and the room was surprisingly nice. The restaurant was pretty awful, so I would suggest going somewhere else. I was there during a snow emergency without my car and everything was closed but for the 24 hours I spent it was pleasant enough. Very clean room and comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed here as a coach at the State Volleyball Tournament. Overall, nothing was that bad about the hotel, but nothing was that good.

The front desk staff was helpful but not exceptionally so. There was a message on my phone (the light was blinking) from the hotel manager saying they wanted everything to be great...but I was annoyed that I had to go through the whole process of listening to this message just to hear that. The staff at the restaurant (where I ate breakfast) was friendly but there was some confusion when it came time to pay. It just seemed like they were a little overwhelmed with having a few volleyball teams there (my group just had five people in it so we shouldn't have been a stretch for them).

The pool seemed nice, but I didn't use it.

The exercise room was not awesome. There was a cable weight machine, a treadmill, and a stair stepper. The two "cardio" machines worked but they weren't high quality nor did they seem all that new. There was a water cooler, a television, a floor fan, and some towels in the room, too. The room was fairly small and got very hot very quickly (two players and myself worked out at one time). Another person came in while we were working out, and the room was over maximum capacity (at four people). I did like that there were windows into the room so it felt secure in that way.

The food at breakfast was marginal. I'm not a picky eater, but this just wasn't anything great. I did appreciate the low cost of the food (I got a coupon when I checked in for 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, hashbrowns, and coffee or juice for just a few dollars).

The biggest problem I had at this hotel was that the halls all smelled of smoke. I have asthma so I'm very sensitive to the smell of smoke and I was immediately nervous upon entering the hallway of my room (around the back of the hotel). The room itself didn't smell as strongly of smoke, but it had a lingering smell still. The exercise room also had the smell in it, which was disappointing. All the rooms in my hall were marked as "non-smoking" but I don't know when that designation was made.

The cable channels on the (non-flat screen) t.v. in the room were okay, but nothing special. There were about five Spanish channels if that is important to you. The room itself wasn't bad, but again nothing stood out as great in it.

Overall, this was a disappointing stay mostly due to the smell of smoke and the lackluster exercise provisions.

• Stayed November 2010
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Let's start with the positives:
1) the room was what we had asked for at the rate we had been quoted when we made the reservation.
2) the room was nicely appointed and clean(ish) [the bathroom could have used some tlc]
3) the hotel accepts pets (we traveled with our dog and cat on a cross-country move)
4) it's convenient to I-80 but quiet

The not-so-positives:
1) I needed to make a fax and the woman at reception had to ask where the fax machine was. Shouldn't a conference center be well versed on sending faxes? The up side is that they figured it out and don't charge for the service.
2) I got a hard sell on the buffet at the onsite restaurant. we decided to go with room service instead but no one answered the phone, so I went down to order. The service in the dining room was very poor (not just for me, but for a number of couples who came in while I was waiting). Lot's of "is there anyone here?" At one point a man asked the waiter what something was in the buffet. The waiter replied "It's teriyaki chicken, it's decent." oy. The food- edible. barely.

All in all- the room was good, would find a better restaurant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!