“our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone

You added Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone to your Saves list
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 Ramada Road, Grand Island, NE 68801 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Grand Island
Smelterville, Idaho
“our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stopped in on our way back to Idaho. We received a very fair priced room on Thanksgiving afternoon. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable to sleep in. PET FRIENDLY. Stay here again. would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Being a GI native I was so very blessed to stay at Boarders in Grand Island, formally know as the Howard Johnson Hotel. This place has really turned into a hot spot with Loads to do!! Located just south on the south Locust strip I was able to enjoy Live music at the Full Circle Venue at night, Denny's Breakfast in the morning, and a heavy handed bar in the evening. All of this was conveniently located inside the new Boarders Hotel. Not to mention the Super Wal-Mart just across the street within walking distance. The rooms are being renovated at the moment but still rate super affordable with a comfortable feel and a great cleaning crew! the housekeepers are so sweet and kind! I haven't mentioned the indoor pool, hot tub and automated atrium! This Hotel is a Historical gem of Grand Island and I'm very impressed with what they have done to make it a Home away from home when I travel back home ;) I will surly be staying here in the near future!

Jacob Hamilton

P.s. I also learned that the Hotel owners also own TOMMY'S restraunt (just north on south locust about 1 mile on the right hand side).
This is a MUST! Hands down one of the best breakfasts iv ever had! Thanks again!

Room Tip: I cannot remember the # but my favorite room is the southeast corner on the 2nd floor. 1 King Non-sm...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Plainview, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

For the 3rd (or4th) year in a row 5 of us have stayed here. This year September 28th we were booked to stay here for a Food Show that is held in Grand Island. Motel has gotten better! No real complaints with that...But Denny's SERIOUSLY??? I have eaten at different locations and have NEVER had experiences like this location!!! I had to get our own menus, place mats and silverware. The Motel was full and the restaurant only staff 1 waitress and 1 cook? The waitress seemed to be doing the best of her ability but what about the cook? Granted it was between 1230 am to 1 am but when the bar closes at 1 hmmm (?) what happens? If I had investment in the Denny's chain I would be TOTALLY embarrassed !!! Not really sure if it is the restaurant dropping the ball or the motel but obviously there is a miscommunication somewhere.....

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Grand Island, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were here last year for the stae fair and had a pleasurable experience. This year the staff, under new management, has done a complete 360 and does not seem to care about their guests at all. They declined to use a corporate lodging card because the management said, "corporate lodging thinks they rule the world" and they wanted to maximize their rates during a busy time. However their contract with corporate lodging states they are required to honor the travel club discount at all times. I have a service animal and the girl at the front desk lied to myself and the general manager about me presenting my ADA card upon checkin. We were forced to move rooms TWICE with no freed assistance from the staff. We are now in a dirty disgusting room that smells like urine is being covered up with dryer sheets. Definitely not worth the money and have never been treated more poorly at any other hotel (and I live in hotels 7 months out of the year for work). Definitely not worth the money and I suggest you find one of the many other more customer-friendly properties in Grand Island. Plenty more to choose from!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pamela K, Director of Sales at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Jason on the contrary we definitely appreciate all of our Corporate Lodging customers however, we were unaware when you made your reservation in September of 2013 that you belonged to Corporate Lodging. We had no notice of the service animal until we found the dog unattended in the room by our housekeeping. We are a pet friendly hotel and love to meet the K-9 kids. We apologize if you found your accommodations unsatisfactory as the rooms will not be renovated until this fall. We certainly understand your concerns and feel that we have been more than accommodating during your stay.
Broken Bow, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Boarders in Grand Island during the State Fair. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was great considering most places are raising their rates really high for the fair.

Room Tip: They do have rooms that have a window in to the pool area, and I would not recommend these, but we w...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Craig, Boarders Inn & Suites is pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our new management and staff take pride in guest satisfaction. We hope that you will come see the changes after the renovation is complete. Again we appreciate your honest feedback on your stay at Boarders Inn & Suites.
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here for work. All the staff was very polite and personable. Pam S. was especially helpful and courteous during my stay. The onsite computer room was very nice to have access to. I also enjoyed not having to leave the hotel to eat. Denny's staff, food and service was excellent. My location is currently under renovations though its still easy to move freely and safely thru the building. I will definitely be staying here again in the future when passing thru Grand Island.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Justin we appreciate the comments on the new Boarders Inn & Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay even with the construction going on. There is never really a perfect time to do renovations when your business is 24/7. Please make sure and see us on your next passing thru Grand Island to see the progress. Again, we appreciate you taking time our of your busy day to review Boarders Inn & Suites.
Windsor CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here last week. It was the quietest room I have ever had. There was absolutely
No outside sounds. You didn't hear people in the halls or upstairs. It made for a wonderful nights sleep. The room was spacious
And comfotable, it even had a big recliner! It was clean and the staff was friendly. My only
Complaint , the lighting was not the best. All the lamps had low watt bulbs, I love to read
And it was hard to do in that light. It was a great place to get a good nights sleep after a long day of driving.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Jan thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments on the Boarders Inn & Suites. With our renovation we will be changing ALL the rooms this fall, that includes the lighting in the room as well as all common areas. We would love for you to come back after to see all the upgrades the new owner is doing. Thanks again for reviewing Boarders Inn & Suites.

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone? Share your experiences!