“Good value and a good night's sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Grand Island
Bloomington
“Good value and a good night's sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was tired when I arrived, the lady at the desk was helpful and gave excellent directions to several restaurants that gave discounts for the hotel's guests. They have a lovely patio out the back door that offers a lakeside view with plenty of seating, and you can fish in the lake free of charge!
The sleeping area and bathroom was very clean and spacious. The room was so quiet, I had no trouble at all getting to sleep and getting a great night's sleep on a clean comfortable bed
In the evening they offer fresh baked cookies, the night I was there they offered chocolate chip !
I had no reservation, but it was no problem getting a room even though there was a large event happening in the town that night. The lady at the desk suggested that I may want to wait until the event started so that I would not have any wait time getting served in a restaurant.
I would stay here anytime I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GIRodewayInn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Grand Island, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that our front desk took care of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
OMAHA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, very ample parking for a big semi, very good rate for travelers and truckers alike. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it for an overnight or a few days stay. Just over 1 mile to Fonner Park and Heartland Event Center, with many types of restaurants across the street and down each side of this street nearby!

Bed was low, firm, but ultimately comfortable, and they had a fairly good breakfast offering. Walls are thinner, as are all older Motels, but ear plugs are a standard item I pack for travel.

The rooms are spacious & cozy, and if you request a backside room you will get a Lakeside view, cheap rates for a great stay. Bring your fishing gear as fishing is free, just no swimming.

They do have smoking rooms, so you might ask for a Non-smoking room further away from those rooms if you don't smoke.

Pets are free, but the carpet in my smoking room was clean, no spots or pet hair and they make fresh cookies every evening!

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms, so you might ask for a Non-smoking room further away from those rooms if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GIRodewayInn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Grand Island, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the review. We enjoyed looking at the pictures you took.
Hernando, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for the night while traveling to Salt Lake City. It is located a mile or so from highway but worth the drive. It isn't fancy but was very clean and staff was very friendly. It was 2 am when I checked in and it took no time and I was in my room. It was very clean and bed was very comfy. Bathroom was spotless as well. The walls were insulated well because I didn't hear a sound all night. If you are in the area and need a good nights rest this is your place. If ever I am in this area again I will definitely be stopping here to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013
GIRodewayInn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Grand Island, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are pleased we could help you out for the night.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The property was spacious and clean and they had parking for over-sized vehicles, I was in town for a week for business. Checked in and was greeted by two friendly ladies who promptly checked me in without any problems even though I didn't have reservation. Upon checking into my room I found it clean spacious and clean carpet with no stains or holes,my room had twin beds and the where clean and free of holes and stain and over all comfortable. The bathroom was nice with the appropriate amount of towels and wash cloths, I also had a nice microwave and fridge. Overall it was a very nice room. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GIRodewayInn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Grand Island, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad our accommodations fit your needs.
Maxwell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found this place driving down I-80 on our vacation. The front desk was great! They gave us directions and told us a great place to eat. The back deck area is beautiful with ducks and geese swimming in it. The front desk gave us popcorn to feed them. Our kids really enjoyed that. We will stay here again if ever passing through the area!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake in the back. Great view with ducks and geese.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Looking at some of the other reviews of this hotel I am not sure I stayed at the same place. The lobby was filthy, the help was surly, the smell of mildew hit you in the face as soon as you opened the door to the room. I have no doubt that the filters in the window air conditioner units have not been changed since the turn of the century. My advice is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Murray, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

After reading the reviews from other people we decided to stop by this motel on our way out west. It is a little ways off of route 80, but if you are looking for a no frills stay, check out this motel. The room was clean and quiet and we found no major defects with the interior. Check in was painless and we had a good night with no major issues. They do offer a free morning breakfast, which was actually pretty good. For the price (about $60 with tax and AAA discount), I would definitely recommend staying here if you don't mind a bit dated decor and interior.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Grand Island? Share your experiences!