“Only cool if you're a kid” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nebraska
“Only cool if you're a kid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I used to go on field trips there when I was in elementary. It was very boring and there wasn't much to do. About a year ago, I went back with a friend (who's mom made us since I stayed the night and she wanted us to do something educational). It was very very boring. We mainly just walked around and looked at old cars. I wouldn't suggest going there.

Grand Island, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
“History comes alive at Stuhr Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

Don't plan on seeing all this museum has to offer in an hour or so. That would probably get you through the main building and the Gus Fonner Rotunda, but this place has so much more to offer. This is small town (Railroad Town) life from 1890's Nebraska. And what a life! When my children were small, I would take them to Stuhr just so they could have a place to play and just be kids. There are shops, a bank, hotel, telephone exchange, tinsmith, blacksmith, livery stable, roller mills, depot, post office, vet's office, etc. Everything a small town needed to survive in the 1890's. Also open are 4 houses. There are also a country school, an old Lutheran church, and farm buildings. It is staffed as a living history museum from May through September. Missed at this point is a running train. It's been about 15 years since it last ran, but the engine and several cars are available for viewing.