“Dana S. (front desk clerk) is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Grand Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marengo, Iowa, United States
“Dana S. (front desk clerk) is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were in an accident on I-80 and needed to spend the night before finding a rental vehicle to get us home to Iowa. We were given a super large room (there were 4 of us) at a discounted rate. When she was given a tip, we discovered that Dana had not kept it, but applied it toward our room. The entire facility is immaculate with a great pool and hot tub, in addition to a wonderful breakfast bar. We are extremely grateful that someone went out of their way to assist us in such a stressful situation (in addition to the deputy sheriff of Hamilton County and Lone Tree Towing).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

After a long drive from Michigan, we would have welcomed any hotel to rest. By far the newest, most comfortable hotel we stayed at in our ten day vacation. It was clean, friendly, nice breakfast and choice restaurants nearby for dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 16 days for a business trip and i never had better time in any hotel than this. amazingly clean rooms, well furnished, well lit, very spacious, big hdtv, too many to mention. most of all, the staff was unbelievable. they made me feel home. Verla is one wonderful, caring person in the lobby. i was having a phone issue in the room, she offered to let me use her own cell phone. Breakfast was amazing. Free drinks on weeknights ( 5-7PM) was an excellent perk for hotel guests.
good size swimming pool. 3 computers in the business room. nice patio. Easily accessible to main street hwy 281 plus busy Webb street. Everything's close by. Restaurants, grocery store, gas station etc.
I give 5 stars to this hotel rating. i would most certainly go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: get the room facing north. south side faces the Faidley street which has a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Following an auto accident near the city we were stranded at the medical center with no transportation and minor injuries. After calling five other hotels on the list the medical center provided to us, none of which had a shuttle to pick us up, the manager of this hotel contacted her family member and that family member picked us up at the medical center and delivered us to this Holiday Inn Express. Going a step further she helped us find a place to get supper that would deliver to our room. She also provided us with an additional room for our daughter, who was coming to pick us up from Higginsville, Missouri....both rooms at a discounted rate. We will never forget the kindness and willingness to help us.....blessings to this manager and her staff!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I just went to Grand Island for the first time for my daughters softball game. I was very happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. The person at the front desk was very helpful when it came to finding places. I also liked that the guys were able to hang back with the kids and swim while the moms went shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently stayed here withmy husband and our two kids. The rooms were great and everyone was extremely friendly. We will stay here from now on when we come to GI to visit family!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greeley, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stay in many Holiday Inn Express locations on business travel and I've never been disappointed, but I can say this was probably the best experience I've had. I had a totally unexpected medical incident that required an overnight hospital stay during my visit, and the staff were kind enough to (cheerfully) bring some of my things to me. This reinforced the positive impression I already had. The room was clean and comfortable with an excellent bed and tasteful decor. The exercise room was the best I've used at any HIX. The breakfast was great and again the staff were pleasant and professional. Yes, I promised I'd give them a good review out of gratitude for them helping me, but they really are top-notch. Thanks Grand Island!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island? Share your experiences!