“Big line ups.... worth the wait” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fancy Burger

Fancy Burger
4/237 Main Rd Blackwood SA 5051, Blackwood, Mitcham, South Australia 5051, Australia
(08) 8370 0388
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Blackwood
Cuisines: Australian
Adelaide, Australia
“Big line ups.... worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ok, I was sick of my good friend telling me i 'had' to try this place, being a fan of good wholesome burgers i ventured out this way two nights ago to try my luck. The drive up to Belair is nice enough, and i was excited to try this highly raved about eatery.

There are a small section of outdoor seats, but in all honesty you may want to think about ringing ahead as this place gets smalll groups of burger lover taking up most of the space, it's pretty popular.

It's small, fairly plain but busy. There is a good selection of chicken, beef and vegie burgers and hotdogs, i went for the Chicken Delight - chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, aioli type of mixture with rosemary chips and herbed mayo. As others have said it is busy, I got in before the mad rush but still had to wait a good 15 mins for my meal, was totally worth it though.

Serving size was good, not too shabby and not too gargantuan you wonder if you can finish it. The chips were awesome, good quality sea salt and hints of rosemary, the mayo was beautiful. And the burger, it was nicely grilled chicken, crispy bacon, the best relish i've had in a loooong time and just great quality ingredients. Not greasy, and definitely good enough i didn't want to share mine!!

If you like Burger It in North Adelaide, you will love this place too. Cost was reasonable - you'll pay just under $13.00 for a burger and small chips, pretty good value for a gourmet experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Adelaide, Australia
“Still awesome, call ahead.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Living nearby in Belair, Fancy Burger is our default take out when we can't be bothered to cook or are arriving home late from work and have nothing prepared. (I even have them on speed dial in the car so I can call ahead and pick up on the way home... I know the menu, and my favourites off by heart now!)

Since my last review I am absolutely happy to report that nothing has changed, (other than the name of the restaurant on Trip Advisor... it's now correct!) Fancy Burger still make the best burgers I have had in Adelaide (including many from restaurants at twice the price and more) and quite possibly the best burgers I have had, period. The service and staff are still excellent and the rosemary hot chips are still great with the smoked chile mayo.

The only thing that has changed is my favourite burger, I am now a lover of the Sunrise Surprise! Lightly grilled pineapple in a burger!

If you are even remotely nearby, Fancy Burger is well worth the trip. I would definitely suggest calling ahead to order and simply collecting when you arrive. They are very good with their timings, as every time I have arrived to collect my order, it was just being packed into the bag no matter how many people are in the queue, so it's always fresh

It's easy to park in the small shopping mall across the street and cross the road, at the nearby pedestrian crossing of course. Parking right outside is possible, but you have to be lucky to get a spot.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adelaide
“Five star burgers and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Here's a short review ... Fancy Burger makes great burgers! Cooked to order so they're hot and fresh, my Crispy Bacon and Cheese was the best burger I've had in Adelaide in a long time. And my dining companion, who is not usually a huge burger fan, thought the Chicken Delight was excellent. Adding to the experience was the service. From the guy who took our orders to the next guy who delivered them to our table, the people here are friendly and seem to genuinely appreciate you've dropped by for a burger.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Awesome burgers, fresh, tasty, filling. More pricey than fast food burgers but cheaper compared to pub meal and well worth the cost. Tip; order ahead, can be very busy at times.

Adelaide
“Best Burgers in Adelaide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We regularly get take out from Fancy Burger and are never disappointed. No matter what burger you choose, the fillings a fresh, the buns soft and the sauces to die for. These people know how to make an excellent burger using local produce. Recommend the chips with salt and rosemary. Fancy Burger is licenses and you can eat in if you wish, or just have a quick drink while waiting for your burgers. If you're in the neighbourhood definitely give it a try. Burgers are about $10 each.

• Visited November 2012