“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

PO Box 304, Elbow Valley, Queensland 4370, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elbow Valley
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have lived in warwick for the past 18 years.And never had the chance to spend a night at cherrabah.My husband suprised me and we had a night out there.On arrival I was meet by the new manager who made us feel very welcome.The room was clean and comfortable.The food was fresh and very tasty, I found the all the staff to be very friendly, We had heard it was under new management so well done and will definately will be returning and not leave it so long.Highly recommened

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Jumping online only after we had booked our trip to read some of these reviews really did make us second guess following through with the booking, none the less we went ahead and spent a weekend here. OK the rooms are not new, but sharing a room with my 4yo son - we had ample space, we had a working tv and we had a cute newly furbished bathroom.....I also have to admit that my room must have had the "best" pillows of the resort :) I was happy!
I did like the caution sign they provided about wildlife venturing into rooms - for a scaredy cat like myself - this was much appreciated and I kept that door SHUT as per their friendly caution sign.
The food is most certainly not frozen meals - we had some yummy buffet meals for dinner and brekkie. The staff were more than accomodating, and extremely friendly - all there to make sure we had a good time (I did enjoy singing karaoke - in particular a backstreet boy song with one lovely lady from behind the bar)...overall, its not a city escape, this is country - and for a non country girl like me - it was as far away from home and as far out of my comfort zone as I could have been, and yet I knew I was in capable hands. This is a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went there in early August 2013 for 2 days, had a great time. Staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble, especially Kristy who was really helpful and did a great job.

Enjoyed the night tractor ride out to the bonfire and marshmallows, and the horseriding on the saturday made it really memorable. The guys running the horserides were really patient with a beginner group and happy to show us the ropes. Plenty of stuff to do while there, ideal if you have kids, perfect for a family. We went out to balancing rock while we on the horsetrail, well worth checking out.

Food was great - we weren't sure what to expect out there but couldnt fault it.

All in all, it was a top weekend. Well done Cherrabah, would go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went recently and would have liked to spend more time there. It was a real kick back and relax time. Staff were excellent and the rooms were clean with plenty of extra blankets and pillows. Food was great. The ladies that took the horse riding tour were extremely helpful considering I haven't ridden before. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went there for a work weekend from 09/08/13/-11/08/13.

It's now under new management and we were treated really well. Staff were accommodating, friendly and always helpful. Food was excellent. I am a Coeliac and they catered for me really well. No complaints from a great weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Going by the website is soooo misleading, we went out here for the long weekend and checked in and had dinner which was frozen meals and deep fried frozen seafood, when the third couple we were traveling with arrived we made a group decision to leave it was 9 at night and we drove I to warick and found a motel. Cherrabah is unclean , unsafe , and depressing i would go as far to say that if the council check it out it would close it down. We found out that the Chinese bought it and bring out tours from china , it is a total scam and should be closed down . Hope this helps someone some time and money .

Room Tip: Don't go !!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fran E, Manager at Cherrabah Homestead Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Was I surprised to find this review on trip advisor
Your booking was made in good faith for the 3 rooms, several conversations were had with members of this group earlier on in the day and no complaints were received. At no time do we serve frozen meals in our restaurant all meals are prepared and served fresh.
As per our Terms and conditions, which were signed on arrival, there is no refund of early departure. After talking on the phone to the gentleman who made the booking (after he departed) he clearly was disappointed with the accommodation (at no time to we promote Cherrabah Resort as 5 star we rate our self’s as 3 star on Wotif and other sites. We have made a mistake in not showing our rating on our web site, which is been addressed .Due to this I waived the accommodation charges for all 3 rooms.
As of 1st May Cherrabah resort has been under NEW MANAGEMENT. We have addressed many of the issues that have appeared on Trip advisor new beds, refurbishment of the rooms, some rooms have already been completed. Plus the refurbishment of the dining room.. New activities have been put in place for our guest to enjoy.

Travelers are raving about these Elbow Valley hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The website is misleading. We payed over $200 for 2 nights at this place and im telling you now it is just disgusting!. Terrible service, overpriced food that is all frozen meals and just deepfried. The rooms are old, dirty, creepy and smell like someone died in them. I will not be coming back here ever again as it is not worth the money or drive out. Highly dissapointed. This place is a sick joke!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir / Madam

My apologies for not responding sooner to your review.
As of 1st May Cherrabah resort has been under NEW MANAGEMENT. We are addressing the issues you have raised, new beds, refurbishment of the rooms, some rooms have already been completed.. New activities have been put in place for our guest to enjoy.
Please be assured I have addressed the menu with our chef and we are presently working on a new menu. At no time do we serve frozen meals in our restaurant all meals prepared and served fresh.
We promote Cherrabah Resort as 3 star, which is clearly stated on Wotif and other sites. We have made a mistake in not showing our rating on our web site, which is been addressed. I am sorry that you feel you have been misled.

Been to Cherrabah Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!