“Dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chadron
South Dakota
“Dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here in the past and it was great. Not anymore. Had to,bring in Clorox wipes. The comforter is filthy. There was a dog barking in a room. I'm not sure they changed the sheets. It is dirty. I would not stay here again. Too bad, it use to be a nice place to,stay.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grant City, Mssouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I''ve stayed in several Motel 6 but this one was not as clean as most of the other ones. There were several dead bugs, which I believed to be roaches, on the bathroom floor in the morning, which I suppose is good...means they must have something out to kill them but....wondered about the ones that weren't dead. The tile floor in the bathroom and the carpet was filthy. The "free wireless" would not work. It had a weak signal, don't know if it was because our room was too far from the receiver or what, but that was a big disappointment. It's hard traveling to be "disconnected"! I would not recommend this motel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This isn't an old dingly one. It is newer with more well appointed rooms that are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Eads, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place is not too bad. Motel 6 conjures up bad memories, but we stayed here based on tripadvisor reviews and the price was $30 cheaper than the best western. My daughter will be starting school here and there just aren't a lot of choices in this town. There is no free breakfast here, but there is free coffee. Our room could have been cleaner, but I felt like the owners were really trying to make this a nice place. The pool is nice and the workout room is small but newer equipment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was really disappointed in our stay at Motel 6, after a long day of work we get back to the hotel, to find that the beds in the room were not made, trash can not emptied, no new liner for the ice bucket (it was still on the desk full of water from the melted ice). Called the front desk and they said that housekeeping is all gone for the day. I know that they stopped in the room, because the towels were changed, and our Air conditioner was turned back off. I think that the owners of the old Super 8 in Chadron must have bought this hotel, as we had the same experience a few years ago at that hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We arrived just at the end of Fur Trader days and this was the only place that had space for us on our arrival day. It's near the intersection of the major highways that mark the town. The WalMart is across the street, so it's all within reach.

The hotel itself, was fine. It was dark and decorated 80's style, though the hotel has to be newer than that. The room we had was a suite, which had a nice window seat view of the side of the hotel (yeah, you read that right). It had a soft king sized bed, a sofa bed and a desk area. There was a small counter that separated the two that was appointed with a microwave and small fridge and a small wetbar sink.

The bed was soft, the pillows horrible. For a king sized bed, there were only three, very soft and flat pillows. no extras in the wardrobe. The tv was huge and had enough channels to keep us happy for our two day stay.

It's an unremarkable hotel, but it is clean and easy to access.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

For a room with 2 beds, I paid $76 and according to the clerk, he "gave me a discount." When you walk down the hallway toward your room, you are aware that the hallways are HOT. When you get to your room, you realize that your room is actually hotter than the hallway. No air has been on, and the room is extremely stuffy and stale. Its obvious that this used to be a Microtel, from the tell-tale window seat and funky closet, even though the clerk told me it was formerly a Days Inn. The window in this room does not lock and the screen is hanging loose. Try as I might, I couldn't get the window to even latch but fortunately the room is on an upper floor. The room is decently clean, the bed is reasonably comfortable, nice hot water, but not much pressure. A Flat screen LCD tv is mounted on the wall above outdated cheap hotel furniture. Microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Front parking lot well lit; I have not seen the back lot. There is a heated pool and hot tub. Free SECURE wi-fi. When I check out, I'm to place my keys in a box on the desk, as the desk will not be attended. Breakfast is not provided, but I understand that coffee will be available.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Chadron? Share your experiences!