Fabulous location, peaceful, beautiful food and excellent service add up to a must do stop in a busy schedule. Transported across from Picton in the Lochmara water taxi with our 10 year old enjoying the ride up front with Shane, great fun! We loved kayaking, walking round the pathways, discovering the hammocks. A highlight for Joe was the animal feeding with hands on feeding of karikaris ( think that's what they were!) and watching the pigs and chickens in a feeding frenzy with recycled food scraps from the kitchen. The eels enjoyed their lunch(not all were hungry!). We saw our first glow worms at night, a couple of minutes walk from our tui chalet. Fully recommend a visit here and thank you to the lovely staff at Lochmara.
- Also Known As:
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel Picton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget to luxury accommodation in 14 units & bay view chalets set on the tranquil shores of the Marlborough Sounds, a short cruise from Picton in our water taxi (Lochmara can easily arrange this for you, there are no roads to Lochmara). Explore the Wildlife Recovery & Art Centre, nature & sculpture trails, Queen Charlotte Track, art gallery, wildlife, free use of our kayaks, or relax on the beach, hammocks or Bath House spa. Licensed cafe/restaurant serving local and seasonal produce and local wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.