“Happy, Happy, Happy!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
Genoa City, Wisconsin
“Happy, Happy, Happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Best vacation ever, the warmth and welcome nature of this Family is beyond words. The cabins, and Food that Tammy cooks are fabulous. Great horses, beautiful scenery. Could'nt have asked for anything more. Will be back soon! Paul & Sylvia Lake Geneva Wi.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“One of the best experiences in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was adopted to the family Rowse like I was one of their own. I felt so warm and welcome! Even at times when fully booked the group is still small and everyone has a chance to get know each other.
The wooden lodging are designed individually and with much attention to detail! Very comfortable bed which is much appreciated after a long day out on the horse.
Lovely people, great horses, amazing banter, super food…. What more can you ask for!
I will definitely be back soon.

Visited July 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Family operated working ranch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was traveling here with my girlfriend, we have been at others ranches offering what seems to be the same for the last 8-9 years. We are looking for cattlework and riding, as close to the real world of running a ranch as possible. At Rowse's we found it. It is a family owned and operated ranch, no full time employees.

We had long days, breakfast at 7:00, saddle horses and ride or trail out at 7:45. During the two weeks we spent there we where back at the ranch for dinner before 18:30 only tree times. It's great :-)
Regarding the riding and cattlework, even if they do take beginners - and they seemed to like it. You will still have a lot more fun and value if you know how to ride, and some idea of how to handle cattle.
If you a are looking for a place where your riding trip is the most important, this is the wrong place. The work that needs to be done, is the reason for the riding. Don't misunderstand, they take good care of you, and you will get a lot of riding but it is a working ranch.

So are you looking for leisure riding, you are probably better of someplace else. But if you are, as us - looking for a real working cattle ranch where you are part of the team handling the cattle - look no further. This is it!

The Rowse's are a welcoming family, and great hosts. The cabins are good, clean and gives you a good nights sleep.

We will be back next year, no doubt about it.

USA
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was travelling to Lincoln for work and decided to extend my stay. While researching guest ranches, it became obvious: Rowse 1+1. This is not a "dude ranch," where visitors go to "play" cowboy. This is a real working ranch, owned and operated by a six generation Nebraskan family, who are wonderful hosts and terrific cooks! Their horses are wonderful too! - very even tempered, laid-back, but attentive and responsive. The landscape is vast and beautiful. Everything about my experience was positive. Also, just so you, I stayed in the main house, and I shared the bathroom with another visitor who was travelling alone. It was very comfortable, and I was fine.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“amazing :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wanted adventure, an experience to remember, out of my comfort zone, and I got it :)
I was travelling alone from England, never travelled alone before, I was nervous, but that soon disappeared from the moment Tammy's friend picked me up from Grand Island for my journey to Burwell. people of Nebraska are very friendly and helpful.
The moment I got to the ranch, everyone welcomed me. I've never rode before so Jerry picked Jose, to be my horse for the week, we got on well and I trusted him from the start, Tammy showed and helped me to saddle up, then the rest of the week Jerry and other guests gave me advice and help, when I needed it. the experience was amazing, feels like your back in time, just you, the horse's, cattle and open prairie as far as you can see, don't forget your camera! but the main thing is, this is real! some early starts, real work, checking and doctoring cattle, and checking fences and windmills. all jobs that need to be done, a learning experience for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I got everything I wanted from this 'holiday'. adventure, experience of new things, and after talks with Tammy's mum Irene, a real history of real people growing up on the Sandhills of Nebraska, which is also what I wanted from this trip.
Back at the main house, Tammy cooks amazing meals, 3 times a day, steak, home made burgers, grilled veg, chocolate brownies and icecream to name a few. all eaten together around the family dinner table, except maybe a picnic on the pasture. then after a busy day, relax in your own log cabin, which feels like 'little house on the prairie' a real western feel, but with modern amenities, then outside a wooden porch with rocking chairs to sit and relax in the quiet peaceful surroundings, or chat with your neighbour/other guests.