“famous dave's” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Bellevue, Nebraska
“famous dave's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Service was good, but sometimes all the food just seems to taste the same, regardless of what it is.

Visited June 2012

Omaha, Nebraska
“Awful Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My family eats at this Famous Dave's every Sunday afternoon. We like Famous Dave's food a lot and have always felt really appreciated as customers up until our last visit. I am not sure if this particular Famous Dave's has new management or what the problem is. We did not get our food until 40-45 minutes after we ordered, which is ridiculous with BBQ since all the food is already smoked and should not take that long to prepare. The waitress never came to our table and did not even bring the food out. Somebody else did. Of course all of our drinks needed refilled but we had to call another waitress over to ask for refills since our waitress had been MIA for about an hour at this point. When our waitress did come over, I mentioned that I had not appreciated having to eat most of my meal with nothing to drink. She made an excuse that she was busy with a large party rather than apologizing for her behavior. The next time she came out was after a different waitress brought us our refills. She picked up our empty glasses and was slamming them down on the table as she put them together. On the way out, she mentioned to one of the men in our party that she really had not needed the comment made by me. I have never in all my life had such poor service. Not only did the waitress not wait on us but she blamed us for the problems rather than apologizing. I would feel uncomfortable ever patronizing this particular establishment again. I called the manager for the day immediately and he promised to send me coupons to make up for this situation. Of course they never came. I chose to email the corporate office after this. They forwarded the information onto the general manager for this location who chose to apologize for the waitress but made excuses for why the day manager had not sent coupons rather than just admitting he chose not to do his job as well. When service is poor, please just apologize rather than make excuses. When paying over $10 a person for a meal, I would expect better treatment. Hopefully this Famous Dave's gets things under control the way they used to. All I can think is that they have new management that does not train staff or have expectations for staff. I would not recommend this Famous Dave's to anyone who expects to be served in a timely manner and be treated with respect. Too bad since the food was great.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Papillion, Nebraska
“Good BBQ, good service, and nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I've had better BBQ, but you just can't go wrong with a Famous Dave's. The Beef Brisket and the rib tips were perfectly cooked and flavored, and all of the sides just enhanced the overall meal. My favorite sauce is the Devil's Spit, Hot and spicy, but full of flavor. Overall, the service was good, however, there were a couple times when the drinks were getting low and our server wasn't around to ask for a refill. That still didn't detract from the overall experience.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Everything is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Wow this place is good. I've been to BBQ joints all over, and this one is right up there because EVERYTHING was excellent. I had a sampler platter, and every bit of it was fantastic. They aren't in my city yet, but say they will be next year and I can't wait. Definitely recommended.

Visited December 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their pulled pork is the...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Their pulled pork is the BEST!