“a commendable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocking Z Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolf Creek
Rocking Z Guest Ranch
You added Rocking Z Guest Ranch to your Saves list
2020 Chevallier Dr., Wolf Creek, MT 59648   |
Freiburg
“a commendable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

we visited the ranch twice and we had one of the best vacation there.The whole family was very friendly and we felt as a part of the family. We enjoyed our time so much and hope we can return next year. The rooms are large and clean and all rooms have a own bathroom. The food was excellent and abound. They have the best horeses we ever had for riding. We learned so many things about the natural horsemanship and the family was really patient with us.

• Stayed July 2009

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bavaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Located in the beautiful scenery of Montana the Rocking Z Ranch is the place to be, if you want great riding holidays. The Rocking Z is still a real ranch and NOT like many other ranches which are overwheelmed by tourists.
I´ve been to Rocking Z two times and will definitely go there again.
The Wirths are such a nice and lovely family who do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I already felt like home after few days.The rooms are comfortable and the food is really delicious.
And if you want to go horsebackriding there´s no better place to go than the Rocking Z. The Wranglers and the horses are fantastic. Perfect trained horses, wranglers who care for you and an amazing scenery make the rides unforgettable whether you are a beginner or an advanced rider.
The holidays at the Rocking Z were one of my best holidays ever!
Rocking Z is definitely the place to be!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Cumbria, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Zach, Patty and family were the ideal hosts for my first holiday on my own. They made me feel so welcome to share their home and horses whilst I was there. I had the opportunity to develop my horse riding skills on treks across a beautiful landscape. Maria, head wrangler, gave me an introduction to the pirelli way of horse training. The chalets provided great accomodation. The whole experience was wonderful and definitely to be repeated in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

From the moment I arrived at the airport and was collected by Zack and Patty's daughter' Laura, I felt at home with Rocking Z ranch. This was one of the best holidays I have had (and I have travelled a lot and done so quirky things). I can't possibly list all the good things about my stay at Rocking Z, just some great bits include: the beds made from real tree barks, the in-room stoves, stacks of pancakes for breakfast , the amazing horses (I am not a horse rider but felt 100% safe all the time and was able to do all the rides whether for pleasure (to the local bar), or working rides (herding cattle was so much fun). You must try Rocking Z ranch - I've made friends for life with the family and the memories are just fabulous. Katherine

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stunning surroundings, living with an amazing family, wonderful horses and riding. This was the best holiday I've ever had. From the moment we arrived it was like coming home. The welcome from Zach, Patty, Dan, Maria and Anna was second to none. We had a large comfortable cabin room, the food was fresh and plentiful,and best of all - fabulous, well trained, forward going horses with which we shared many hours of riding in the most beautiful Montana country. It was so good we went back the following year! Our holidays with Rocking Z were in 2003 and 2004

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We had a most fantastic holiday with the Wirth family. Even my teenage children had a lot of fun and loved their stay. My husband who had never ridden and was expecting a week of reading books, spent up to 5hrs a day in the saddle. The horses were extremely well trained and matched well to their riders. The service was excellent and Patty even went to the saddlers with us so I could get a western saddle to bring home.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this Ranch for single travellers, couples, families anyone who loves horses, stunning scenery and a very friendly host family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
levallois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I spent one of my best holiday ever with the Wirth family. The horses are amazing and the wranglers very good teachers. The rooms are large and confortable, the whole family does their best for you.
And if you're into natural horsemanship, that's the place to go ! The wranglers do a great job with all the horses.
I'll go back, for sure.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Rocking Z Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!