“Best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bar W Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Bar W Guest Ranch
2875 Highway 93 West, Whitefish, MT 59937   |
Offers & Announcements
Photography Retreat
Mobile, Alabama
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

What an awesome week of riding, great horses, beautiful scenery, delicious food and a super group of new friends. All the staff and wranglers at The Bar W Guest Ranch were attentive to every detail and made my week at the ranch an exciting, relaxing home away from home and an adventure I will always treasure. Have already booked my return trip for 2013!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Bar W Ranch was a great vacation week. They do their best to make you feel like you are on vacation while welcoming you into their "ranch" family. The staff goes out of their way to be sure the guests have everything they need and they are always upbeat and friendly. The trail rides are varied plus the ranch offers additional activities. The horses are great, the food was outstanding, the accommodations clean and comfortable. New friends were made - it was a blast.

Room Tip: Glamping was great and comfortable with a wonderful view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Greene, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I went to MT hoping to find myself and the Bar W was the best place to do so. The facilities were immaculate. The maintenance staff and housekeeping staff were friendly and interactive. Thanks Jason for being my square dancing partner! The wranglers were knowledgable, fun and cowboys/girls through and through. Thanks Allen, Katie, Lindsey, Griff, Andrew and Debbie for everything! And the food was ALWAYS so good!
I went solo and still found the atmosphere to be friendly and accommodating. I made friends and was "adopted" by every family there. Both the rodeo that we went to at the fair and the rodeo we participated in at the ranch were phenomenal. The horseback riding was the way it should be...on the trail, relaxing with with breathtaking views. When I wanted more help with horsemanship Scott accommodated me by having Griff give me a half day of semi-private instruction. Totally awesome!
I could not have had a better experience anywhere. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool, but you can swim in the lake and there was a hot tub. Great after a lon...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My boys and I wanted to try vacationing at a dude ranch, after searching the web, we decided on the Bar W. I have one very energetic Dennis the Menace 8 year old and one painfully shy 12 year old so I wasn't sure how I could get both the opportunities to have fun while meeting their personality needs. From the moment we entered the door until we left the staff at Bar W treated as family. The wranglers enteracted and engaged my boys in all activities. My energetic 8 year old was wide eyed and trying everything immediately, I had anticipated the 12 year old to be attached to my side, only participating when forced and with me. By day 2 he was talking to and riding beside the wrangler; day 3 he was going to the barn without me to "hang out" with the wranglers and help feed. To my amazement, my shy boy had started enteracting and participating because the wranglers had made him feel so comfortable. The wranglers and staff went out of their way to meet the needs of each child, making them feel special and like family. The staff did not only work to provide an exceptional experience for the boys but they were just as interested in making sure that I had fun, relaxed and was able to participate and learn what I wanted. I cannot say enough good about the staff at Bar W-for the entire week, we did not have one single situation in which we felt like we were not part of their family, in fact when we left my 12 year old had tears in his eyes because he had made so many new friends. This is a child that is uncomfortable with anything "new". This meant so very much to me, to see him blossom and become so involved in the activities and this only happened because the staff made the boys feel comfortable. They took the time and initiative to notice each child needs and work to meet them! The staff really care, they offer assistance in helping make sure that you see area musts, provide pointers for riding, in fact whatever you need they assist in getting. The weather, the horses, the atmosphere, the scenery, the accomodations are all Wonderful and the food plentiful and delicious however it is the staff that separated the Bar W from all else. The boys are still talking about their friends in Montana and hoping that we move there soon. This truly was the most amazing vacation ever, better than we ever imagined. I have recommend the Bar W to everyone at work, and we are already saving to return. Wonderful!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Myself, wife and daughter had a great week at the ranch. I do not ride whereas my wife and daughter do so it was with some trepidation that we booked the vacation. I need not have worried my daughter immediately had a new family with the wranglers and spent all her time around or on the horses. My wife rode a lot but had some down time and during this time ranch organized a white water rafting trip for us both. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The food was plentiful and there was always something to do but you never felt any pressure to take part if you wanted to relax. It was a great family vacation, in a beautiful part of the country with or without the horses.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge upstairs which was comfortable and had ensuite facilities. We visited th...
Munising
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The very best people and place to go horse back riding in Montana. Took my grandsons to the BarW horseback riding and they treated us like family. We had a great time and my grandsons loved it. Everyone was so nice and friendly. Thank you, G. Leanes

Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was a little hesitant when we initially decided on a one-week vacation at BarW based on the fact that I was only an “occasional trail rider” (every 10 years or so) but wanted to see this part of the country.

The wranglers provided the instruction and coaching to have me riding with confidence in a couple of days and looking forward to the all-day ride on the Canadian border (not to be missed) by Day 4 of our stay.

The food comes in a close second, as they have two full-time chefs’ that had me showing up early to the kitchen to see what they would be serving for the upcoming meal.

I was most impressed with the staff, who went all-out to accommodate every request to make our stay a memory we won’t soon forget. We came home with hundreds of photos, several new friends and a plan to spend more time in this part of the country.

I highly recommend that Bar W Ranch if you are considering a vacation near Glacier National Park/Whitefish.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bar W Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!