The Bar W experience has been one of the most memorable vacations our family has taken. Our original attraction to the Bar W was demographics (close to Glacier National Park, airports, and community activities since we were traveling over July 4th holiday). This Dude Ranch experience exceeded our expectations, so it was no surprise to us when we met returning guests during our stay.
We stayed in the Bear Den cabin and were impressed with the cleanliness of the cabins, lodge, and the grounds. The meals are family style, the food is exceptional and the culinary team is beyond accommodating (needless to say they only had to ring the dinner bell once). The wranglers and staff join the guests at mealtime and gave us the opportunity to meet and interact with everyone during our stay. My only suggestion is to share those amazing recipies in a Bar W Cookbook!
We had no trouble sleeping in comfortable beds after our day was filled with trail rides, roping, wagon rides, skeet shooting, rodeo competition, fishing, square dancing, and dinners in the meadow. The memorable trail rides would not have been possible without the experienced (and accommodating) ranch wranglers (Thank you to Andrew Weaver – GM, Scott Hoover – Head Wrangler, Dave, Lindsey, Allen, Griff, Katie, & Joe). Don’t miss the day ride along the Canadian border, the ride was available on two separate days and I regret not going both days. Last but not least, a salute to our trail ride companions ~ Hawkeye, Piuot, and Wimpy.
There are outside packages that include white water rafting and rock climbing and the staff is helpful in providing transportation to Whitefish if you want to shop. We were content and cozy during our visit to the ranch and chose wisely in scheduling sightseeing in surrounding area prior to our arrival (we had no desire to leave the Bar W once we arrived). There is truly something for everyone, including peace and quiet – the hammock is ready if you need to relax and decompress. Miss Julia, the Youth Activity Director was on sight and kept the little wranglers busy with age appropriate trail rides, swimming, arts, crafts, and games.
If you desire fresh air, watching the white tail deer walk outside your door, starry nights, early bedtimes, good food, western comradery and a unique family experience you won’t forget – look no further!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our meadow cabin was designed by the Amish here in Montana. The cabin with two suites, over looks the South pasture and surrounding forest full of wildlife, our outdoor arena with lots of activities and our herd of horses. These are beautiful suits that together could sleep up to 16 utilizing the common areas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bar W Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar w Guest Ranch Hotel Whitefish
- Bar W Guest Ranch Whitefish, Montana