“Really good Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The lights are low, the music is turned up, wine is flowing, and the energy is buzzing in the air. It’s a perfect evening and the perfect setting for…Italian food at MAMBO’S. With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It’s Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more… Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too.At Mambo’s, we serve up immigrant style Southern Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. If the atmosphere and friendly service don't seduce you, the pasta will. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest. Come on in, your table is waiting!
columbia falls, mt
“Really good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been a fan of Mambo's ever since they opened. Have had several of their pasta dishes - excellent. My favorite is the chicken parmesan - TONS of food. Best dessert ever = Zeppoli

Visited April 2013

Many Glacier Montana
“Wonderful Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Really a nice Italian restaurant in Whitefish. We had a nice table on the upstairs balcony and shared some wine and pizza. The crust was so delicious. The small pizza had 4 large pieces which was more than enough for the two of us. From the balcony we had a distant view of Big Mountain. Next trip will be for the pasta.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Where do I begin?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love the hanging baskets outside as you walk inside! The ceiling plastered in kids' artwork is a unique touch I've never seen before in a restaurant! Plus the pesto pasta is absolutely the best I've ever eaten! Whether you like Italian or have an aversion to it, you'll love this restaurant. My one complaint is I couldn't eat it all and had to leave it there. I suggest calling for a reservation if it's on the weekend.

Visited June 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Ciao Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We discovered Ciao Mambo about three years ago and found the food and atmosphere inviting. This year things were different. The food is basically Italian so you expect a good sauce. My Marinara was basically tomato sauce with little or no spices. I had the Shrimp Diavolo and it was not spicy even though I asked for medium hot. The shrimp were dry.

I sampled several other dishes from our friends. My wife had the Raviolo with Bolognese sauce. The sauce was better than the Marinara but still lacking a good taste. Another friend had a dish with Italian sausage. The sausage was bad and had too much fennel in it. The consistency was like mush. We all agreed the bread was the best thing we had for dinner. The Polenta Frita was good and the Bruschetta was OK but not traditional. We all agreed the waite staff were professional and very courteous. If they can fix the food and get back the taste they had a couple of years ago, the place will get a high rating from us again.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a wonderful hidden Italian Gem my wife and i discovered on our trip to Whitefish. We dined on their outside patio an a bright and sunny day. the service was both friendly and prompt. Our meals were some of the best Italian we have had in a few years. The pastas were wonderful with rich flavors. We returned a second night and again enjoyed first rate Italian cuisine. would highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013