“Wagyu, Who Knew?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Boat Club

The Boat Club
1380 Wisconsin Ave, at the The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, Whitefish, MT 59937-3338
406-863-4040
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boat Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 71 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 93
Description: Located within the Lodge at Whitefish hotel / condo complex, but a separate restaurant.
Aiken, South Carolina
“Wagyu, Who Knew?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great wait staff. Super french onion soup. Wagyu meatloaf was good, but a waste of great meat. Elk meatball appetizers were great, but a little dry. Need to add more sides, beside mashed potatoes, to entrees. Overall, a good experience. We were exhausted after a long day of travel and sightseeing, so, having this option right in the lodge we were staying was great!

Visited April 2014

Chanhassen, Minnesota
“A nice meal and a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Never been here, but since some friends were staying in the lodge, we gave it a try. Excellent service (Brandon). Interesting menu with diverse choices. Nice wine menu. A little higher priced than other excellent Whitefish restaurants.

Visited April 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Resort Stay was great, restaurant was awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Beware: this is advertised as a steak house, and top rated restaurant, it is NOT! My sea bass with panko breading was deep fried with a very thick layer of breading on it (equivalent to a kids chicken finger entree). My husband's salmon was affectionately nicknamed "salmon jerky" due to its dehydrated state

Visited February 2014
Calgary
“Oh dear...tried to see past the flaws. Twice. Could be wonderful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that there are a number of fantastic restaurants in the Flathead Valley. And this should be one of them. However on two separate, consecutive occasions, I've been disappointed.

The first miss was during breakfast, and not on a weekend. A fairly quiet weekday. The server was not overly friendly...not a deal breaker in my opinion, and I still liked that the Lounge side took the time to put out crayons and a sippy cup for my tot - always appreciated. Breakfast took its sweet time, and despite ordering a side of scrambled eggs for my toddler first, it was the last item to arrive. Oh well. But when I asked about the eggs I was told, "they're coming"...snip, snap and that was that. Our eggs Benedict were not great, in fact the English muffin was cold. I was not impressed. How I miss the Rising Sun Bistro that used to be located across the road...
So that was breakfast and to be honest I was hesitant booking dinner in the dining room buuuuuuut it was to be a nice treat for a couple of parents who were looking forward to a date night.

Dinner service was nice, yes. My Bloody Mary was perfect, the mussels were good, garlic bread delish. And I ordered the Elk Ragout...a $32 plate of pasta that was to be likened to a tender beef stew. It was not. I tried really hard to chew through the first piece of elk...drank some water to get it down the hatch. Thought the next piece would be better. Nope. Had to have my glass filled again. My husband tried it and was NOT pleased (his 9oz steak rocked, even though it looked like a 6oz petit filet). It was so hard you could not cut it with a fork and barely cut it with a knife. Totally unacceptable and it may as well have been really old elk that had been microwaved. Microwaved a few times. There's no way in hell that was fresh and for $32, it needs to be fresh. Similar to trying to eat a chunk of bark. The pasta would have been great otherwise. Thankfully my husband said something to the server, because I never do...she was helpful and management offered to pay for a dessert or a glass of wine. Hmmmmm. Fine, I guess. It was so bad though it should have been REMOVED from the bill (we actually urged the staff to try it out for themselves)...but I have to say that the gingerbread cheesecake was divine! And it turns out they took care of that, my glass of wine and a cappuccino too. All in all we had a fantastic, well deserved date night...I filled up on cheesecake and was hungry a couple hours later. C'est la vie!

I don't think I'll be returning here except to go to the spa or for a cocktail. I should have just taken time to drive out to Big Fork and return to Ristorante Moroldo...been there so many times and the food is always outstanding.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Christmas Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was the first time we ever ate out for Christmas eve and we had a lovely dinning experience with a beautiful sunset over the lake. The prime rib was fantastic and the potatoes were light and fluffy. The wagu meat was excellent. My kids enjoyed the filet mignon too. Our waitresss was friendly and considerate and finally the desert was a tasty end to an exceptional meal. Great experience!

• Visited December 2013