“Not fancy, but it's all you need.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gordon's Highland Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in White Sulphur Springs
Gordon's Highland Motel
410 East Main Street, White Sulphur Springs, MT 59645 (Formerly Easy Yoke Inn)   |
Bozeman, Montana
“Not fancy, but it's all you need.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The people who run this place are super nice. The rooms are passable and it has a small town charm. We lucked out an got a room for Saturday night of the Red Ants Pants music festival and it was great to have a room and not worry about camping. There was a full kitchen and they still have a pay phone. The price was probably double the normal rate because it was the festival.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Paltz, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I was hitchhiking through White Sulphur and the owners saw me standing in the rain at night. They came out and offered to let me pitch their tent on their front lawn as all their rooms were full.

The next day we got talking and I was introduced to their small nuclear family (who are the only employees of this motel!) and I did some work on their computer.

These are wonderful people. They are deeply spiritual, and we engaged in a number of profound conversations even though I am a pretty secular dude. I ended up staying at their motel for three more nights while I worked on their computer system.

The rooms are very clean and adequate but nothing super special. The vibe, though, is really something special. I have done quite a bit of traveling, and I don't think I could more highly recommend any place I've ever stay than the Easy Yoke Inn.

Check out their website at www.easyyokeinn.com for some pictures of the place and stuff.

(P.S. I also got a glimse of the *rockin'* view of the sunset they have from their front door! - see the pic)

• Liked — The people, the price
  • Disliked — Not a lot of frills - no wifi, but the owners say it's on the way
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Per the other very strong Google Ratings, I called Mark at the Easy Yoke Inn in White Sulphur Springs, MT to schedule a stay after our raft trip down Montana's fabled Smith River. Mark and his wife couldn't have been more gracious nor hospitable and I highly recommend their wonderful motel to those passing through White Sulphur or to those who are staying a few days to luxuriate in its mineral baths.

• Liked — The management
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I stayed for a month in the cabin while in town on business and they were incredibly nice. The room was very comfortable and warm, despite it getting well below zero. The owner's were very helpful about the surronding area and made recoomendation about where I should fly into as I was planning my trip. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Liked — friendly owners
  • Disliked — no internet service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

We stayed in the individual cabin and as landlord arranged third bed we had plenty of space to sleep for our 5 person family. I do not remember any other so friendly landlord - there was always time and friendly word.

Cabin was nice, with shower and small kitchen. There was not kitchen utensils available but they were provided by the landlord as we requested them.

Spa, which is worth of a trip to this town, is at walking distance. As are restaurants also. Even if they say that this town is quiet during the winter I could recommend this this place for quiet winter holiday with your friend or family. You will enjoy your stay.

• Liked — Friendly landlord
  • Disliked — Lack of internet connection
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

Just a typical small town motel, but room was super clean and the hosts were about as nice and helpful as they come. Good advice about local restaurants and places to see in some very beautiful country. They even mailed my daughter's flip-flops back to my home address. Who does stuff like that anymore?

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, new fixtures
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gordon's Highland Motel? Share your experiences!