We booked our room through the hotel's web site and paid $105 after a 10% online discount.
The room was very small, very dusty (especially the walls), and overall appeared worn down and dirty. The bathroom was small, smelled funky, but appeared clean.
Scariest of all was the amount of extension cords. There must have been ten different things plugged into one outlet behind our bed. The nest of extension cords hadn't been moved to vacuum for who knows how long, and the dust and debris build up was plain disgusting. The extension cord mess was duplicated next to the television as well. It was difficult, and probably dangerous, to plug in something as simple as a cell phone charger.
The front desk was not very courteous. They told us the easiest way to our room was up the main stairs and did not mention an elevator. Parking was very limited. Those two factors, combined with hauling a ton of overnight gear for two adults and one infant, I have to say I got my exercise for the week.
They locked the room for the vending machines at 10pm which was inconvenient. No ice, no pop/water and no snacks until morning. The snack machine was out of order anyways.
The heater/AC unit in the room did not work properly. It was either blowing very hot or very cold no matter what setting we tried.
I would rather stay in my truck in the parking lot, if a space were available, than stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Inn is a landmark hotel in West Yellowstone, Montana, originally built in 1948 to meet the needs of travelers and visitors flocking to the Park in their automobiles. Over the years the hotel has seen many changes, and has acquired a colorful repetoire of stories and myths - ranging from bullet-holes, billiards, secret gambling rooms, and even ghosts - but the one constant has been to provide superior accommodations and service to Yellowstone National Park visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stage Coach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Coach Hotel West Yellowstone
- Stage Coach West Yellowstone