I chose here as a base for a five day Yellowstone trip. It's only a mile from the west gate of the park. The staff were very friendly and the lobby full of animals is lovely. My room, well home for five days was large enough to unpack everything and relax in. There was a fridge and microwave for snacks. Unfortunately the bar in the hotel was closed. I asked about that and there had been an issue with whoever had the lease for the bar, and a subsequent falling out. It wasn't a huge deal as West Yellowstone is a very small town and has plenty of bars and restaurants within a five to ten minute walk. There is free wi-fi in the hotel, but it was intermittent and unreliable in the rooms. This did mean that everyone gathered in the lobby, drank free coffee and uploaded their photos together after their day in the park. So it turned into a little social event every evening! I'll be returning to Yellowstone in a couple of years and would be more than happy to base myself here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Inn is a landmark hotel in West Yellowstone, Montana, originally built in 1948 to meet the needs of travelers and visitors flocking to the Park in their automobiles. Over the years the hotel has seen many changes, and has acquired a colorful repetoire of stories and myths - ranging from bullet-holes, billiards, secret gambling rooms, and even ghosts - but the one constant has been to provide superior accommodations and service to Yellowstone National Park visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Stage Coach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Coach Hotel West Yellowstone
- Stage Coach West Yellowstone