My favorite thing about this hotel is its location. It is literally around the corner from the west entrance to Yellowstone! The hotel itself is historic (read old) and somewhat charming. Stuffed local animals overtake the big lobby, the rooms are small, with historic tapestry. The bathroom was really old. However, everything from towels to sheets was clean! The breakfast in the morning is fine and it lasts until 9 am. The hotel has a new Mexican restaurant, which we didn't visit. West Yellowstone is hardly booming with entertainment at the end of the season, so finding a decent place to eat was a challenge. Anyway, you are in West Yellowstone for the park, not the accommodations or restaurant options, I presume, so it is likely that you will be fine with the hotel and the pizza place across the street!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Inn is a landmark hotel in West Yellowstone, Montana, originally built in 1948 to meet the needs of travelers and visitors flocking to the Park in their automobiles. Over the years the hotel has seen many changes and acquired a colorful repetoire of stories and myths - ranging from bullet-holes, billiards, secret gambling rooms, and even ghosts - but the one constant has been to provide superior accommodations and service to Yellowstone National Park visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Stage Coach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Coach Hotel West Yellowstone
- Stage Coach West Yellowstone