“Needs updating...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yellowstone Lodge

You added Yellowstone Lodge to your Saves list
Yellowstone Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 South Electric Street, PO Box 607, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Cibolo, Texas
“Needs updating...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Rooms were extremely out of date. Door wouldnt close properly. The breakfast was very basic. The dining area can not accommodate a large number of people and during the Summer there are a lot of people. The shower sucked! Very low water pressure. Staff was ok..Ice machine didnt work and neither did the laundry machines. WIFI was awful!! Couldnt even upload a picture..and like 10 tv channels. Plus side is that it is close to a very neat little main street and very close to Yellowstone. I will probably not stay there again. I will find somewhere with better upkeep. Not worth the money...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check in was ok but I was a bit alarmed to see a man with a gun walk out of hotel as I walked in so this unnerved me a bit. Hotel was expensive for the standard we received. Breakfast was ok. Location was fine. I wouldn't stay here again simply because of price but I had left booking a little late so I had little to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ylodge, General Manager at Yellowstone Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were felt alarmed upon your arrival. Some individuals (visitors) choose to carry firearms when hunting in fishing in the wilderness area as the Montana laws allow. However, we never wish for any of our guests to feel uncomfortable.

I also am sorry that you did not feel as though you received a good value at our property. I hope that you will give the property another chance in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This lodge a fine place to stay but lacks something to make it special. It has all of the basics but isn't anything to write home about for the price. It is in a great location to access the town, the park, IMax and shopping. Make sure you visit the Play Mill theater!

• Stayed June 2014
Harrodsburg, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

room was clean and adequate. Expensive for the amenities offerred, but West Yellowstone is a vacation destination hotel. Breakfast could have been better. Toasters were inadequate and staff had hard time keeping up with tour groups.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that the problematic toasters have been replaced. We hope that you choose our property for your next trip to Yellowstone!
Uttoxeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Fine hotel in a good location for the National Park and other attractions. Clean, comfortable, spacious room. Friendly staff and the breakfast was as good as any we have had on our US trip. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We appreciate you choosing our property and hope you will stay with us in the future!
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel fits into the Super 8/Motel 6 type category and I have never spent over two hundred a night for those types of places. This hotel looks much nicer on the outside than it is inside. Poor breakfast and very loud a/c units. Female staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you feel as though you did not receive a good value at our property.

Our breakfast is indeed a basic continental style, as we do not have the facilities in house to prepare hot foods. I am sorry that your air conditioning unit was noisy as well. I am certain that if the front desk had been contacted we would have had the ability to move you to a more comfortable room.

I hope that you were still able to enjoy your Yellowstone Vacation, and will return to the area in the future.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This property has potential but was not quite living up to it when I visited.

It starts out well. It is in a quiet location with plenty of parking. The breakfast room is spacious and has lots of windows, and best of all there are no corners in the service counter. Everyone could get what they wanted easily. But....

The whole place smelled of glue. They did have fans going in the hallways, but with the building's doors closed nothing was being evacuated. The smell permeated the rooms to the point I had to keep my windows open at all times.

Cleanliness: There were few black spots at the top of the bathroom wall and my "brand new" pillows smelled of cigarette smoke. To their credit, though, the staff did replace my pillows and offer me another room.

Hopefully they will be able to improve the next time I'm there.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize that there were some things you did not enjoy during your stay. We were at the tail end of a construction project during your visit, so there was indeed a lingering smell of glue in the common areas. Again, I do apologize.

I am glad our staff was able to accommodate you with new pillows. All of our pillows are indeed new and it is a shame if someone in the room before you violated our no-smoking policy.

We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Been to Yellowstone Lodge? Share your experiences!