Not the greatest of choices. If you don't have very high expectations, then it is fine.
Room was large and clean. Hotel was worn from, I suppose, heavy use during the tourist season. The staff needs training in professional interactions and customer service.
The restaurant was mediocre and its staff really needs training as well. They had the dining room closed in the evening and made everybody sit in the bar. It was noisy with sports blaring on the TVs. If I wanted a sports bar atmosphere, I'd gone to one. The food was pricey and not very good. We had to return one dish because of hair in the food and two of us became sick after eating there.
Choices are limited in the off season but you'd be better off making a different choice unless you need a reasonably clean place just to sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone Hotel
- Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone Hotel West Yellowstone
- Holiday Inn West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn West Yellowstone is your premier hotel in West Yellowstone, MT; the most popular and centrally located entrance to Yellowstone National Park and its many attractions. Just three blocks from the Park Gate, the Holiday Inn is your ideal choice for lodging while enjoying Yellowstone or one of the many attractions in West Yellowstone such as the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center, Yellowstone Imax Theater, summer melodramas and fun local gift shops. We can also help you plan your adventure with one of our many fun-filled activities such as guided fishing trips, whitewater rafting, lake kayaking, Interpretive park tours and, in winter, snowmobile and snowcoach tours as well as XC ski rentals. Our hotel offers many amenities including spacious, well-appointed guestrooms, indoor pool, a lobby fireplace, free high-speed Internet access, an on-site activities assistance, and unique dining in the Branch Restaurant featuring Open-Range Cuisine. Enjoy one of our regional microbrews in the Branch Bar and try your hand in our Montana Casino. The Oregon Short Line Railroad once brought travelers to Yellowstone in comfort and style. Travel through time in a self-guided, free tour of our 1903 executive rail car built exclusively for Union Pacific Railroad Vice President E. H. Harriman. The car has been fully restored to museum quality, and is part of the West Yellowstone Walking History Tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.