“Very Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone

You added Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone to your Saves list
Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   315 Yellowstone Avenue, PO Box 470, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Very Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights at the end of a trip to Yellowstone. Our room was large for a 2 queen bed room and the fridge, microwave and couch were a nice added feature. Room and bathroom were very clean. In fact, the whole hotel was very clean. When we were leaving, they were dusting the chair rail in the hall ways. The entire hotel was lemony fresh. Check-in was smooth and very friendly. Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I'm not a picky traveler, but there are some deal breakers in my book....one of them is construction equipment outside my window pumping diesel exhaust directly into my HVAC system....thanks Holiday Inn.....

I understand construction is necessary, but when there is a diesel powered boom lift just outside your window spewing fumes, it can be deadly, not just annoying..Also the hallways were absolutely awful looking, they were rennovating the interior as well, so there was literally no trim on the walls, and most of the light fixtures were removed, so there were just bare wiring hanging down.....this was brought to the attention of the front desk, who did eventually refund half of our total stay price, which was commendable.

My other complaint has to do with the whirlpool spa we had in our suite....it sounded like half a dozen blenders trying to liquify blocks of cement.....in other words, it was loud...and to make it worse, the output was pitiful. This was about halfway through a two week 6000 mile journey across the US, so we were REALLY looking forward to using that tub.....again HI staff was nice enough, and did refund half of our stay....

My last issue, apparently, is a change in company policy, which I have yet to verify, but it has to do with pillows. We stayed in a King Suite, which of course had a king-sized bed, the problem comes with the cubes we were given to sleep on....the desk advised that Holiday Inn will eventually be switching all their pillows to these tiny cubes, rather than standard shaped pillows. It was very uncomfortable, because if you turn over or even go to one side or the other, your head actually drops off the pillow....not cool Holiday Inn....not cool at all.

We were also comped a breakfast which was very nice.....again thank you HI staff, but in general it wasn't a terribly wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow unless the idea of sleeping on a down cube sounds appealing
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HIyellowstone, Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
This review appears to be referring to a stay in 2010 even though it was submitted in August of 2011. I just want to assure any prospective visitors that we do not have constuction going on at this time.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here two nights to visit YNP. Very convenient location to the Western entrance and a short walking distance to all local amenities - restaurants, groceries, souvenir shops, the museum and IMAX, etc. Hotel has swimming pool and exercise room, our room was spacious with 2 double beds, mini-fridge, microwave, 46" flatscreen, free internet, ample towels and toiletries. There was also free morning coffee but no free breakfast though. Staff was friendly and helpful, would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I reserved our room 4 months in advance. I called and spoke with the front desk directly twice before arriving - the last time was the day we were scheduled to arrive to say that we would arrive at 8pm. The Hotel front desk, did not bother to tell me that they did not have a room for us, that they had Over Booked, or Someone had decided to stay an extra day. Our room was given away. They sent us to another hotel with less amenities. They also offered us some food and drink discounts (these did not pay for everything) We were told that we would not be charged, but I was still charged $37.00 for nothing - we didn't stay there. They must have charged me for the food and drink discounts?? or for talking to me and sending me to another hotel???

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Among hotel chains, Holiday Inn used to be a warranty of quality; not anymore; at least not the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone. For $229 plus taxes per night, breakfast not included, we expected a beautiful setting, a nice room and bathroom, high speed internet. What we got was a decrepit building, a dark, sub-average room with a tiny bathroom, internet unusable from 8pm to midnight, busses idling in the parking lot under our window at 7am. The breakfast was super-expensive - they call half a glass of orange juice "regular", a full one "large" -. In summary, never again !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I will give them 3 out of 5 if there wasn't a bad incident. Their staff wrongly give my upgraded room to the one who have the same last name "Chen". As a platinum member of holiday inn, they didn't recognize me when I am there, and they almost have no room to give away to me. I stood there for half hour to waiting for a room.

The manager's compensation is 1000 rewards points if you stay here next time. I emailed back when I am going to go there last month. Unfortunately, he didn't even reply me back.

The hotel is a little bit old and the interesting thing might be...This is the only holiday inn that doesn't have breakfast. Also, the internet wasn't too stable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tervuren, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Trade is busy in the summer and getting staff used to that must be difficult but we really struggled to get to grips with a restaurant less than half full which had the staff more than fully stretched! Good for one night when visiting the park but don't expect good service.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone? Share your experiences!