“Relaxing and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lazy G Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Lazy G Motel
You added Lazy G Motel to your Saves list
123 Hayden Street, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Belton, Texas
“Relaxing and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our stay at the Lazy G made our Yellowstone visit much more relaxing. In a quiet part of town, we had two bedrooms, a kitchen, and living area, plenty of space for five adults to visit and a baby to crawl. Our space was clean and well furnished. We were also within a block or two of a good pancake house and a laundry. The owners were very helpful and friendly and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was fortunate to stay here after they happened to get a cancellation right as I walked in the door.The hotel I booked at had over booked and I got the shaft.Yes I will admit that this place is on the older side. But its really great specially if you get one of the rooms that has a kitchen.The hotel is clean, beds remade and towels replenished every day. heck they even did the dishes! (a tip on the counter helps works any place you stay that has in room kitchen). Its a family owned and operated once you get to know them they will treat you as family. Most people that stay here come back every year and I defiantly will be making this on my list of places to stop on my yearly trip.

Room Tip: Get a kitchen room. Stop in butte or bozman and get your shopping done there. will save alot of mone...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My parents (in their 70's) and my sister and I stayed at the Lazy G. We had the 2 bedroom unit and at an additional 10$/night we had access to the kitchenette. This was perfect for us. The unit had 2 separate bedrooms, one room had 1 full size bed and the other 2 full size beds. The best part was the large lounge area and kitchenette. We had 2 very early risers in our group, which meant they could watch TV have coffee and breakfast while the other 2 slept in. During some occasional rain storms, we had room to read, talk, or snack. Our hostess was friendly and informative of the local attractions. She even provided free of charge a cooler and ice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wellsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

At first we were worried about the lack of air conditioning as we stayed in June. However, mornings & nights are very cool in Montana so it was not a problem as we were out in the park during the day. In fact the room got quite cool overnight with the fan on & the windows open. We did not have time to watch TV. Towels not great but not the worst. Owner Jan went above & beyond to help us with an computer/GPS equipment issue we had. Yes, the rooms are a little dated & yes, the coffee in the room is instant with a hot water boiler...but for the price I would definitely stay here again as it was very clean. If you want up to date rooms with all the amenities, go stay at the Holiday Inn or Three Bear Lodge where you will pay over $200/night. :)

Room Tip: I would stay here again
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had a great time, very nice place to stay at, affordable, clean and very close to West Entrance. That said, they need Better online booking system. They made a mistake on my dates (3 nights instead of 4) so I had to scramble and find another place for the extra night. Overall still rate it very high.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gold Canyon,AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I own a tour company. We travel frequently. We booked this motel because of the fantastic reviews that were written about it. We had 6 people in our group for a 2 night stay (3 rooms). The motel was right out of the 70's and it seemed nothing was changed since. The blanket on the bed was worn down and brown around the edges. It was originally a green blanket. The towels were tissue paper thin and the toilet paper seemed to be made of butterfly wings. The toilet was the lowest one I`ve ever used. There were only 2 pillows of dubious comfort. The coffee maker was not a coffee maker but a water boiler because there was instant coffee! When`s the last time you found instant coffee in a hotel room, 1970? The bathroom sink was under a window so the mirror was about 18" tall and all you saw in it was your waistline. There was another mirror mounted to the wall on the right side of the sink so if you leaned over the sink and bent to your left side you could see half your face. To my great surprise there was a flat screen TV but it was not HD so the picture was as fuzzy as an old conventional TV. Upon leaving we learned that one of our clients rooms had not been visited by housekeeping. The beds were unmade, the towels were not replaced and the "instant coffee" was not replaced either. We told the manager and she said because the way the beds had been left they did not remake them. The towels were still on the rack so they did not replace them. This I understand. Our clients were from Italy and are not familiar with American protocol. There was no explanation given for not replenishing the instant coffee. The manager was not "nice and friendly" like stated in the reviews I had read. I would not stay in this motel again and would not recommend it to anyone else either. Unless you`re into nostalgia.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed for 2 days while at Yellowstone. The people at the Lazy G were so nice and helpful. We were traveling on a motorcycle and storms were predicted, the lady at the hotel offered the use of her garage for both days She even ran out in a hale storm to open the door for us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lazy G Motel? Share your experiences!